Educational Authority in France

(Kelly Amanda Powell) #1

Does anyone know where or who are the local education authority is in each city? I need to speak to them regarding education for my 17 year old son.

(Véronique Langlands) #2

There’s no such thing as a ‘local education authority’ in each city for secondary schools - the equivalent is the Rectorat for your region. They will not be much use to you unless you have a very specific query though. Whereabouts do you live? Perhaps I can help…

(Kelly Amanda Powell) #3

We live in Bieuzy Les Eaux, near Pontivy … 56310

(Véronique Langlands) #4

Your Académie is Rennes, the people you need to talk to are the rectorat de Rennes, the website with the addresses etc you probably need is www.education.gouv.fr/cid2485/rennes.html you will have to rummage about on the site to find what you need exactly, as I don’t know what the problem is I can’t be more precise, sorry. Or get in touch with your Lycée de Secteur which is the Lycée Joseph Loth in Pontivy (although there’s a Lycée in Lorient people can go to without a dérogation if they live in Morbihan). There’s also the Lycée privé Jeanne d’Arc but the people responsible for that would be the direction diocésaine.

(Kelly Amanda Powell) #5

Hi

Can I possibly have your personal email address as I would prefer to discuss this with you off the site.

Many thanks

Kelly

(Véronique Langlands) #6

Just removed my email address.

(Catharine Higginson) #7

Hi Kelly
You can also send PM’s on the site. Just click on Vero’s icon and you’ll then be given the option to send her a private message. Good luck getting things sorted! Cx