Electric cars

motorway

toll roads

a couple of links for you:

1 Like

Thanks but itā€™s not free for electric cars itā€™s even the same price as my v8 car

True, but you get a discount for electric from Bip&Goā€¦

If the masses are going start buying electric cars ther must be some better benefits

There are in cities like Paris, Lille and the like :wink:

Motorway tolls arenā€™t different according to car engine size, just according to whether you are on a bike, in a car or have a caravan or are a lorry etc.

Some countries you can drive in the buss lane and drive for free on toll roads the country with the most electric cars in Europe is Norway where you are allowed to do that Do anyone know how much the electric car subsidies are in France most countries have them

There are a lot of details in the French news at the moment. Itā€™s not a set sum, you will need to do some research.

The problem in my home country is that the money was to little to help to buy a real electric cars like tesla so not many people have shown any big interest in buying a electric car right now they are to expensive even with the cheaper ones you get so much more car with a petrol car for your money as a example you can buy a good option bmw for the same money as a Nissan leaf thatā€™s is not going to help the sales of electric cars and the outher problem is there is no second hand market for older electric cars because the batteries go bad after some years A new battery for a Nissan Leaf is $5499 in the USA so probably allot more in Europe with higher sales taxes dont get me wrong I whold love too have a electric car but I canā€™t afford it right now

You can get a lot of Renault Zoes or Peugeot 208s for the price of a Tesla. There are a lot of good electric cars on the market now which are affordable. It will be interesting to see how the VW ID3 fares when they are released shortly.

perhaps the theory is - if you can afford an electric car, you can also afford the toll fees :wink: :crazy_face:

1 Like

The Are still small city cars they donā€™t have the range ore can be super charged not good on long trips a friend bought the kango electric for his company he said it was heā€™s biggest mistake the real range is a lot shorter than the manufacturer said the small ones you are taking about are not practical for a family I donā€™t think think you can get a hitch on them even you can on Tesla because they are a normal size family car if you get a Zoe you are forced to have a second car anyway so the hole point is gone then

Thatā€™s the sad part about electric cars they are still to expensive for normal familyā€™s

A lot of my colleagues have electric cars, we arenā€™t a very well paid profession. If I can afford it I shall get one when they can do over a 1000 kms in 8 or 9 hours on one charge.

I actually disagree. Not all families indulge in large cars. The modern choice is certainly good enough for me and my family. I found your choice of the term real cars odd, we donā€™t all need V8 engines or oversized cars.

A normal Volvo v70 Passat bmw 5 series normal family cars

How do get a family of two kids plus everything else that you bring on holiday in a Zoe

When you need a charabanc to go on holiday with your family and the inevitable accompanying detritus you hire one - for everything else people manage with a more modest set of wheels according to their needsā€¦
Going shopping for a pint of milk in a gas guzzling Chelsea tractor is wasteful and totally unnecessary :roll_eyes:

3 Likes