Electrical wiring standards

The powers at be have allowed push fit so maybe it satisfies the requirements. As an engineer the clamp down style of 221 seems better and releasing the cable likewise. The others seem to be point contact so I can see that point getting hot as a higher current is drawn.

The 221’s look really neat, if I did a lot of wiring I would be using them.

As it is I have got to the point that I need to re-do the sockets now that I have finally tiled the kitchen and I think it better not to rely on daisy chaining all the sockets but to make small spurs for each pair - I’ve taken two out of the middle of the run as well as we finally decided that they were not needed.

If you need any pro’ help Paul, there’s a good lad in Malansac, did all our wiring (one of the two jobs I knew were beyond me when we converted the ‘cowshed’), he is well regarded, no one came to examine his work, just to connect us up :grin:

1 Like

Ho Hum

You’ve lost me.

Me as well.

I offered help from my experience, but you changed the subject.

Your post sounded as though you had given advice and that that advice had been rejected. If so, where is that advice? If no advice was given why are you now upset that nobody has followed it? To be honest after your views on cement for pointing I will take any advice you offer with a large pinch of salt.

1 Like

Salt and cement is a bad mix, that’s why sea defences use lime as it tolerated salt better

4 Likes

I think that this is the advice to which Barry refers.

It’s his post, number 19 in this thread, which doesn’t make sense to me. He makes it sound as though the wisdom he has shared about wiring has been rejected. Where is this advice?

For anything electrical I don’t think it exists - Barry has made about 40 posts. Most on the drop in the € - his claim to be 600€ a month worse off since the referendum was inaccurate but I don’t think he should be criticised too strongly as he did, in the end, manage to demonstrate that he is more than 500€ per month worse off than when he took the mortgage.

His other posts were on the lampadaire for sale

Finally there was the “pointing” thread which forms the majority of the remainder of his comments.

Whatever I say is to going to be scorned.

It’s you who has made that decision. Write you posts on wiring and let others decide or why mention it at all?

b o----ks

So say it and be prepared to fight your corner.

Not everything I say here finds agreement - I’ve had some heated exchanges with David for instance - but I’m not hanging around moaning about it.

2 Likes

I dont fight at my age, I am approaching 79,
I could help but I just get put down.

Why would you think that?

These for start

City and Guilds electrical engineering.
City and Guilds Radio and tv servicing.
British telecom 20 years passed all their exams, was senior technical officer.
Vehicle electrical cicuits for 25 years.
Wired our house to french wiring standards.
Bighead or what?