Electricity Bills Increasing - or Not?

All of which is totally avoided if you go over to “chiffres réel”, billed monthly or bi-monthly.

See my info to @Stella above.

Time for my usual link to EDF’s current regulated tarifs - please bookmark it.

1 Like

Done. And on Tempo now and chiffres reels thanks to advice on here.

Though I expect my first year will cost close to the same anyway. I think I’ll be in a position to start to follow @letsmile in the 2nd year.

If it wasn’t for having a freezer and a fridge I’d look seriously at dumping EDF entirely. I’d be happy to keep paying them but would like my bills to give some reward for reducing my consumption (not guaranteed even with Tempo so long as I am connected to them)

Phone said " do you want to download it again?"
See some of us listen :blush:

Ah, not much cheaper, add the tax in.

Not cheaper if we get the long overdue multiweek very severe cold snap we had in 2013 - the savings on Tempo can be eaten up in a flash by a very, very short time having to use electricity in Red. Look at the multiplier on the rate.

Still leaking about 9c/day from somewhere - must be the gates as can’t find anything else connected! Will do a test soon to see.

Like the stat at the bottom :grin:

2 Likes

And just been to test ride one of these electric scooters. It’ll get up to 60mph and 87 mile quoted range which I suspect is a little optimistic. Nevertheless, it was amazing to ride - complete silence and a massive departure from the bmw 1200 I previously had. Can really see this as being the way to go. Awfully tempted as can charge with all the excess solar or low cost off peak if Winter kills the sun​:grin: Either way, no maintenance except brakes and tyres and, of course, no more fuel :partying_face: Seems like the ideal solution for all the local journeys. Been using the elec bike but quite sweaty in the heat. Think I may take the plunge :swimming_man::swimming_man::swimming_man::swimming_man:

You need to be careful, bad enough with I didnt see you, now you cant be heard as well. Should have a Ducatti sound generator.

2 Likes

Well, to be realistic, I think the only bikes that remain to be heard within a car are Harleys.

My son in law bought an electric HD, took it out and said “bl**dy hell it goes like a bat out of hell” to his surprise. However he got shot of it within a few months as HD revealed they were not going to make electric bikes as no one wanted a silent HD. He now has the big Electra Glide and loves it. The Ducatti he tried out was uncomfortable for runouts as he does a lot of those and he was almost laid down.

Stupid Hardly worthits, the ICE vesions called electra glide hahaha. The Fat boys’ named after the riders hahaha.

Yes unfortunate naming by HD. I remember a film from the 70’s about a motor cop killer in California called Electra Glide in Blue as they rode those bikes with the same name. Son in law hardly fat, competes in the Arnie power lifting comp evry year and is covered in tats real biker style and did have a german helmet style headcover at first, but after being downed by a mobile phone using driver who did not know she had hit him and was caught as a hit and run by the overhead camera, has a full face cover now.

Good idea, been hit in the face by objects thrown out of cars in the distant motorcycling past.
HD could have called it the Hi BMI rather than FBoy :joy:

Going back to electric bill increases here, caught the tale end of the news last night and it seems nothing will be increased higher than 10% at the most and not until Feb 24. They compared price per kw to other countries in Europe and the UK and the UK was almost twice the price per kw to French price!

Yes, speaking to a friend yesterday in the UK and happened to stumble on the energy topic, and the elec prices seem astronomic compared to here. Just wonder how long France can keep the price so relatively low.

Yes we have very high kW rates but they have reduced slightly from September. It’s probably because the war in the Ukraine is over because that was the reason they went up in the first place! Ok I am taking the micky but we are being ripped off. Energy company made 1 billion pounds profit in the last 6 months, breaking any previous company records.

I don’t profess to understand all the dynamics, but how can the energy companies be raking in such huge profits if it is a ‘competitive’ market??? And there are so many energy companies to select from in the UK.

On the topic of elec, last week I purchased a 25 litre travel fridge for the van I’m about to collect. It runs on 220/240v or 12v, so thought I’d test it the other day. I was amazed. Took the temperature down from 25’C to 8’C in 16 minutes, and after a 6 hour test, I measured the average elec draw to be an absolutely amazing 9w!

Its the wholesalers not the distributors.