Electricity consumption query

OK, drop it to 2 heaters 4 hours a day - 112 units a week (ish), plus the water, maybe 1212.8 units is the answer - you’ll know when your friend gets the bill.

Thank you Paul Rupa. Yes, I certainly hope that is the case as I need to find an efficient means of heating my own home (can’t believe the seller renovated it but didn’t insulate it even though he boarded out the attic space).

1 Like

@MsJHH You should be eligible for the 1€ insulation deal, that will help.

2 Likes

There’s a link here which explains the scheme suggested by Véro

2 Likes

Although I have my Carte Vitale I’m not quite in the system yet for this. Hopefully, they’ll be able to do it before next winter though. I’m astonished that the vendor didn’t take advantage of this.

perhaps he was “under the radar” :thinking:

1 Like

That was my conclusion (especially since he returned to the UK just after Christmas). There were, and are, other issues as well.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

@vero you have to have a RFR, and it has to be below a threshold. So newcomers aren’t eligible.

It only works for combles perdu - they just fill it with spray in insulation. Sounds like if it has been boarded then it is a usable attic to not able to have the €1 insulation.

I do not think that is correct. We have two boarded (usable) attics and both were insulated under the 1€ scheme.

Oh my gosh - really??? I’m so excited if that is the case but everything I read said it was only the ‘combles perdu’ - how did they do yours?

Ours was “done” in cotton & aluminium foil sandwich with the equivalent value to that achieved with 330mm of laine de verre.

How long ago was that Geoff? Everything I’ve read for the current one is ‘combles perdu’ only.

The first week of this year. I’ll see if I can post a pic or two tomorrow.

Oh really, wow, I’d really like to hear more and pics if you can. What company did you use?

I cannot find the paperwork for the company we used but it was the first that called us,

1 Like

seems odd since you would need the invoice to attach to your tax return to get it through the fisc…
You should never loose important documents like this in France and there are specific details about how long documents should be preserved. There would presumably have been l’assurance décennale on the works carried out?

I do not recall saying I had lost the paperwork; just could not find it When senior management returns from the other house I am sure all will be revealed

2 Likes

if there is the original meter with lcd display, and buttons…
cycle through the functions, past the hp and hc, there should be other functions like type of supply, total used … this can be reset to zero… doesn’t affect the actual metering, it’s a real time counter of power use
if there is an appliance consuming excessive power… setting zero, holding the button… then releasing with a stop clock running for one minute… see how much power has been used… do the math’s for kwh
with all known appliances off, the count should be minimal…
if the hot water is stupid hot, the t/stat could be shot… and maybe, the day/night switch is set to manual over ride… it is normally energized by EDF via a separate feed from the meter during off peak time
the water heater might be on 24/7 and over heating?
doing the meter test thing is a real time way to see consumption