Electricity consumption query

Extremely doubtful

I suggest that you do one and perhaps do some research before you knock someone else’s post with suggestions of untruths. Repeat, do some research. What I will say is the tech sheet for the product has this clearly printed "
Résistance thermique (R de 8)
Lambda (en w/mK)|0,04

BIOYA

getting close to abuse there… you need to calm down. You also had a go at me unnecessarily recently too in the same thread.
@Corona is not usually given to making rash statements without having the facts to back it up in my experience.

“You also had a go at me unnecessarily recently too in the same thread.” So that is unnecessarily having a go. WOW.

Its not cotton (might look a bit like it but cotton has bugger all insulation properties), usually a multi-layer foil and synthetic hollow fibre construction.

I suggest you wind your neck in.
I am not knocking you and I have done plenty of research. That research has shown many manufacturers making some wild claims. These claims have been tested and for the most part proven to be dubious.
That doesn’t mean that all products are bad, the greatest points for multifoils are the ability when installed properly to stop the air leakage draughts that loose heat and to reflect off the heat from the sun to reduce the temperature in the attic spaces.
I have also personally tested by putting pieces of various multifoils outside under sunlight for around 5 years to examine the degradation that people on another forum claimed would happen and to prove the point it didnt, the aluminum or aluminumised plastic stood up incredibly well.
If you can spare the time to be rational maybe a manufacturers name would help then I can make comparisons between products as this is a topic I am interested in?

1 Like

believe it or not some are cotton! The sandwich effect is where the insulation properties come from but in the case of cotton it is a brilliant wick for water so if you get a leak in the roof that makes it into the cotton it will wick across the layer.

Well, to answer that, I didn’t actually write that you had lost the paperwork… you just linked two separate sentences. My point was aimed as a generalisation for others to note about the need to keep paperwork safe. Calm down and enjoy your weekend.