Email replies

SMIDSY is standard motorcycle-ese for “Sorry Mate I didn’t see you”.

You can be totally visible, dayglo even flashing neon everywhere on a huge bike, doing nothing special even travelling in a straight line and there’ll always be some c*** saying “Sorry Mate I didn’t see you”. Hence SMIDSY…

1 Like

@Dr-Le-Dolly just come back in and seen what happened to you and I am horrified. You were so so lucky. This is when decent leathers prove they’re worth paying for. But you were still lucky.

No thanks to that ****. As a matter of interest, what time of day was it and which direction on the motorway/where was the sun? Dry? What was he driving and where were you in the 17? His age etc?

Thank heavens it was a group ride and your group has friendly avocats lined up. Please do a monster claim on him well beyond your insurance coverage if you can. I can’t say any more in public …

Will you get access to police reports? I’d love to see what his wife said when interviewed.

So very glad luck was on your side against that ******* that day. Give thanks to karma and pay it back.

A.F.F.A.

Wow. He has no excuse.
The 17 was about where were you amongst the other bikes - were you ahead or tail end Charlie.

If it took 500m to stop him he may have been in /able to say he was in shock. Will you tell us what comes out later? I hope the gendarnes will need to keep his car for a long while “so as to completely examine it”.

Thats why my mates wont give up their Harleyd’s. You may not see us but by dog you’ll hear us.

3 Likes

Ouch. Glad you came away from the crash unscathed. Sorry to hear about your bike but hopefully his insurance will ensure you’re not out of pocket.

Loud pipes save lives :grin:

1 Like

And annoy the neighbours :rofl: Nothing nicer than a Ducati or Guzzi on full song.

1 Like

Take the sound track an load it onto the noise maker for EV’s :joy:

3 Likes