EU Elections: Voting in France: Procuration : Lists etc

Indeed… it may vary… here they do a double-act… one person says… “Madame Wood”… and another chimes in as the boxslot opens… “a voté”

No secrets about who is voting… but the List you vote for … that is totally secret… no-one knows… :shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:

I should add… the box has a numerical thingy which shows how many times the boxslot is opened… and thus how many votes have gone in.

At regular intervals, our lot tot-up the number of signatures in the Roll and check that against the number showing on the box…

When voting is finished… the envelopes will be counted and should tally with the number of signatures, as well as the boxnumber thingy… very carefull scrutiny at every stage…

Thank you. That does sound simple. I didn’t really understand the process. Do now.

1 Like

I hope you do the procuration… but even if not… your OH can do his voting bit… really straight forward, so long as he knows which List to pick up … :thinking::hugs:

1 Like

I’ve just been “told” the time I have to do my duty manning the polling station (in the Mairie), I’ll be back home for the Monaco gp luckily. My job is to hand out the envelopes and make sure everything tallies up - the envelopes are counted too…

2 Likes

I’ve been admonished to “telling” folk to only take one paper… whatever your do and however you do it… the idea is to preserve secrecy… no-one must know which List you wish to put in the Envelope…

As I replied to the Adjutant… ""in that case… I foresee lots of mistakes as folk wrestle with 34 bits of paper… and possibly throw the wrong one (s) away and put (heaven forbid) Le Pen in the Envelope…!! “”

I’m happy to discretely take one paper … but I shall leave others to do as they wish…

:joy::zipper_mouth_face::upside_down_face:

It’ll need to be a big bin by all accounts…
and how on earth will UK voters cope with so many names on one piece of paper?

How does it work in UK been too many years for me to remember…

There is one voting paper which lists the candidate lists ie up to 7 names against each ‘party list’ and a box to the right in which you place your ‘X’.
You can only vote once by placing an ‘X’ in the box next to your choice.

Fair enough… that’s UK voting… very different.

(Remember French Folk… do NOT mark the ONE list that you put in the envelope…)

We received copies of all the lists (and their “promotional bullshit”) in the post this year.

Gracious… not so around here… not yet, anyway … mind you my letterbox couldn’t take the strain… and it’s clearly marked “no pub” :rofl::rofl:

Probably today… when we’re out… :thinking:

Just got back from a session at the Mairie… (learning - trying to learn…all about Schengen Visas :upside_down_face:)

I might well become the font of all knowledge on that subject… in about 100 years… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like