Europe's Most Modern Current Account comes to France

They'd have to be pretty good to beat ING. I have a current A/C with deferred payment card and overdraft all free as long as you I stay in credit. Also have savings and Assurance Vie which was also free to set up (most ins. companies take a big chunk of your savings for setting it up, as if they have to do it by hand with a quill pen!). The added advantage is that it's all online and you don't have to be patronised by someone half your age if you go overdrawn by 5 euros.

It may be easy to set up (although I haven't progressed beyond the start page) but there is very little information available as to how it operates and its T&C on website. I would prefer to see what I was getting into before I jumped rather than only be able to do this after I had set up the account. One would certainly want to see the exchange rates used and currencies available. Exchange rates on MasterCard accounts are not the same (much better on my Halifax Clarity card than my NWB Mastercard for example) Rates are often set by the provider of the service rather than the card provider (eg on payment by card via card reading machines in shops, Brittany Ferries etc etd). This is just scratching the surface.

Will be interesting to see comments about experience with the account rather than about ease of setting it up.

James. My German isn't very good anymore, so do they have an English language link?

I just found the first problem - it will not allow me to set up an account because I do not have a smart phone.

Is one correct in the assumption that if you set up this account from France, it will be regarded as an external account and therefore subject to disclosure with your annual tax return?

sounds too good to be true. I'm going to try it.

You say it is free James

Is it free to use so long as your account it in credit?

cheers

geoff