We are ready for exit checks
How you can be ready too...
3 Easy steps
- Complete your API data before travel
- Have your passport ready when you arrive
- Turn up on time: there is no need to change your travel plans as a result of exit checks
What are exit checks?
The UK government have introduced Exit Checks at all ports and airports from 1st April 2015. This requires Eurotunnel Le Shuttle to gather information on the identity of every person leaving the country, at their point of departure, and pass this information to UK Border Force.
In order to comply with this new legislation, and to speed up your journey through our Folkestone terminal, we will be asking you to provide us with your passport or identity card details in advance of your travel to the Continent. The following details will be required from you and each of the passengers travelling in your vehicle:
- Date of birth
- Document type
- Document number
- Issuing state
- Expiry date
You can provide us with your Advance Passenger Information (API) via the following ways:
- Once you've made a booking, by visiting eurotunnel.com/apis
- By calling our Contact Centre on 0330 1233207 where one of our team will add your travel information for you
You will need to have the travel information for each of your passengers to hand.
Once collected, this Advance Passenger Information (API) is sent securely and encrypted to the UK Border Force and the Home Office.