EV - buy or wait?

Hahaha whats the date today?

1 Like

Hahaha

1 Like

Not saying it couldnt happen but its pretty unlikely, its temperature controlled hermatically sealed around the high voltage stuff. Huge thick cables with sealed heavy duty connectors. A lot of ICE vehicle fires are build up of oily residues in the sound deadening of the engine bay/bonet. Obviously the odd furry animal with sharp teeth can cause issues but wiring is generally much thinner these days as stuff uses less power for ancilliaries. The exception of course is Vauxhall Opel group who had a lot of issues with their resistive heating units catching fire.

1 Like

The biggest issue would be when charging, the current could easily top 300amps or more with the superchargers. Its why they do the handshake before starting to charge, a POST test alerts the charger to any battery issues such as a poor connector causing an unusual charging state. The onboard systems of the cars reports battery issues. On a hybrid Toyota there was a fault on the connector for the hybrid battery and the vehicle flagged it on the dashboard and refused to start.

2 Likes

Yeah, that too I guess :slight_smile:

They’ve taken your point Vero and replaced it in the recent restyling…

1 Like

I thought it more of an IUD following Vero’s comment. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: of course the aledged model 2 will be out soon with a mooted £22k starting price.

I have a bridge you might be interested in :rofl:

3 Likes

yep underneath where in some cases even a sleeping policeman can wack it…

If that’s what you believe.

Apparently Trump wanted to replace the cross on the front of his Trump Bible, with an ornate, golden (obviously) ‘T’, but it too closely resembled the Tesla logo, so Musk threatened to sue and bankrupt him.

I’ve just discovered that making up fake news is potentially quite addictive fun. SFers, watch out!

2 Likes

Trump has proved it is still possible to do a great deal of damage with the jawbone of an ass, certainly :wink:

2 Likes

Alternatively, ‘the ass of a jawbone’…

Solid state battery so no worries over fires. Thousand KMs so no range anxiety.

1 Like

If real and affordable then that’s brilliant (if a little too ‘compact’ as a practical vehicle).

Can’t understand why they’re continually lowering the rear rooflines on SUVs. You can get less and less stuff in the back!

Because the Chinese are very short :joy:

2 Likes

It possibly reduces drag and makes them look sporty, but as you say they then lose the utility aspect.

If I wanted ‘sporty’ I used to buy a sports car!

3 Likes

I’m just fed up with all new EV releases being boring saloon cars. The most inflexible impractical type. I want a tiny truck, a 2-person coupé with a load space, or better yet a small modular flexible cube (not a big cube - that’s called a lorry or a van. I mean a small cube)

Promises for more tiny city cars maybe in 2025, after 3-5 years of these promises we might get 2 or 3.

I"d just like a kei car ev and/or my small flex cube or pickup. There’s no reason to have kept the front engine compartment…so why did new EV’s not get redesigned… All these EV saloons still… Why?

I’d like a Kia Ray but Hyundai is selling all they can make in Korea. The Hyundai Casper EV should appear in France early next year though and might be a stopgap. Let’s see what strings local car manufacturers pull with government to keep the Hyundai prices high to consumers to give the local product an umbrella.