EV - buy or wait?

Super keep the little 2 cylinder in the back and stick the finger at the milk floats scattered about as you go hurtling past at 45 MPH.

And also have the best security as well.

You should have bought yourself one of them

Dont worry Rocam, you’ll enjoy an electric vehicle eventually :rofl:

3 Likes

In case anyone’s worried because they’ve got an old diesel but if it’s only Critair 3, auto-moto.com said this morning that only Lyon and Paris are banning the next level of diesel (Critair 3) to be banned in ZFE’s (the zones diesels are slowly being banned from) in 2025. Other cities are not proceeding to ban Critair 3 vehicles next year as was planned.

In particular about Rouen they mentioned a few days ago that Rouen’s air quality has improved and so they were not going to ban Critair 3’s in 2025. I am sure the fact that a lot of Rouen area voters simply don’t have the means to buy a newer car, had something to do with their new view of the success of air quality improvements so far :-. I have many times been held up with workers demonstrations blocking the route into Rouen as they do express themselves :slight_smile:

The news about just Paris and Lyon being a problem for Critair 3 next year is towards the bottom of this article : https://www.auto-moto.com/conseil-d-achat/nissan-leaf-faut-il-encore-acheter-la-berline-electrique-en-2024

1 Like

Interesting chart… I expected the UK to be higher and France to be lower. Figures for Sweden and Norway are enormous! American brands risk being left behind as the rest of the world looks increasingly towards EVs.

Source: Tracking global data on electric vehicles - Our World in Data

But its cold in Norway and Sweden so electric cars wont work :roll_eyes:

That will be why the one I’m waiting for, the Hyundai Casper (since Kia can sell all the Rays they make in Korea they don’t need to give us any though I’d far prefer the Ray)… this will be why the Hyundai Casper EV has been spotted mid-winter being tested in snowy weather in Sweden

Has all the charm of an outside dunny :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Go FIAT 500 instead :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah you’d think so John, for style.

But having had all the Fiat 500 models on hire repeatedly in Italy, it’s a fun car and great to chuck around in all but the base model. But the boot is so small I can’t even get my handbag into it. Not even just a Brompton (25x25x10in).

I regretfully declined them whenever I could. Which wasn’t often. As the sensible Italians had usually grabbed all the Pandas by the time I arrived.

Having said that the best chassis I have ever driven was when they insisted I take a brand new Fiat 500 Abarth. (Unfortunately they trusted me with new cars as they always came back without a scrape.)

The Abarth stuck like $ht off a shovel to literally anything. I took it up the narrow climbing winding road from Como up to Bellagio past George Clooney’s place :slight_smile: , rock face on one side, sheer drop to the lake on the other and it literally went up it like a fly. Fantastic gear box and instant electronic adaptation of each wheel independently. And a wonderful happy engine sound during all this.

Kia Ray is a box and that’s the shape of EV I need. As do lots of other low end EV aspirers in Europe.
European car manufacturers keep hoovering up the subsidies and ignoring us.

2 Likes

The Tesla Cybertruck is at various locations in Europe soon. And in the U.A.E. where it looks like they’ll get lots of orders.

https://www.tesla.com/fr_FR/events/cyberodyssey

Seems a safe bet, the location and the vehicle are the pits :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Real Abarths, from the 500 webber carb tuning kit onwards, have long been favourites of mine, but they are now just a badge, like AMG, JCS or M on BMWs.

Though I think you may be right, a Panda 695 BIPOSTO might be the right balance between practicality and fun.

Wow… :person_facepalming:

Also, imagine waiting 5 years for your child to have an appointment at a hospital…!

And we are surpised that Brexit happened and Boris became PM.

Exactly! What is the news story here? No EVs allowed to park or a child waiting 5 years for an appointment.

I recently bought my first EV and am surprised at the EV deniers coming out of the woodwork. Same news priorities - cost of batteries and not cost of destroying the planet.

2 Likes

You might be able to see a Cybertruck in France, but you won’t be able to drive it on a public road or buy one.

To be fair, we don’t know why he was waiting 5 years, he might simply have been too young, for example.

Thats a Diesel bus.

Ah, but was the diesel ignited due to an electrical fault :wink:

2 Likes