EV - buy or wait?

Just another electronic gadget to go wrong.

1 Like

Aside from the overwhelming negativity. No cylcist on motorways and it would be nice for pedestrians if cyclist also had an audible means of letting people know they were approaching.
In short not really any good reasons not to get one. I am certainly going to sell the Toyota as I had to stop to re fuel that mid route and that is really such a nuisance

Looks like it’s not just a testosterone thing, eh?

I am sure you reconised my tongue in cheek comment but some are still under the misaprehension that they drive 300 mes every day. Glad really that women are not above male thinking we wouldnt want them to have too larger an advantage :joy:

And I thought you were just a batey b@st@rd. Just goes to show how easy it is to misjudge someone. :wink:

It’s called a bicycle bell Corona. Tbough some UK pedestrians who step out without looking give you a mouthful if you use it to warn them.

2 Likes

Yes Karen, I believe some generations actually fitted them but almost a lost idea among very many, a lot also believe one way streets do not apply the cyclces.

Whilst I havent read the report yet, people will also keep consuming things that open them up to infections and other illneses whilst looking to blame something so long as it means they dont have to adopt any other changes.

Our bodies can fight off a lot of things if only we give it a chance to do so. Fasting could well become part of treatments in the future as our bodies can then attack and consume things that are harmful. The idea that grazing meals is better than meal the fast is pure marketing by food companies. The body needs rest periods so its not continually digesting.

4 Likes

InsideEVs : Renault Group Announces 400-kW DC Fast-Charging Network In Europe.

1 Like

A car sales person knowing what they were talking about? Never, ever, ever :joy: There are only three things important to a car sales person (who was probably a double glazing sales person a few weeks before), bonus, bonus, and, of course one mustn’t forget the bonus.

Sales people (having managed the creme de la creme of same in my time) are only driven by one thing, money. Nothing wrong with that, it’s just important to understand the motivation of the person one is interacting with.

2 Likes

I guess there are no fumes, but…

Yes - this is true. The real solution is a comprehensive electric public transport network. It saddens me to see road building everywhere - continuing massive investment in private car transport - when what is really needed is massive investment in the rail and bus network. But in the meantime all we can do is vote left/green, move any investment we have into green/ethical funds, try to do all the journeys we can by rail, and only use our electric cars to get to the station, or when we have little choice.

2 Likes

Beeching destroyed the rail network in Britain and more and more rail lines are becoming redundant in France. As we all know here in France outside the big cities public bus transport is non existent and probably never has been avialable.

We can all dream. Towns and cities can and do have ‘green’ transport but not everyone chooses that type of existence. The physical size of France and its needs will ensure that road building to support movement of people and goods will continue.

2 Likes

Euronews: France’s massive new lithium mine could supply 700,000 electric car batteries a year.

I presume your link is intended to support the ‘battery revolution’ by raping the earth of natural resources which will replace what coal and oil have already done.

Yes of course but these chems raped from the earth go on to be used and reused and then recovered and re used. Meanwhile I guess you are working on another solution to the energy crisis?

Far better than single use polution.

Never sit back on my laurels. Very busy burning up fossil fuels pumping them into our camping car as we enjoy the sites of France. Then there will be none left and we will have to use electric.
Today we were speeding along the auto route with the overhead signs reading ‘charging points out of order for 100 kilometres’, good job diesel is a reliable source of fuel🤣
I was also thinking about the year 2035 and the ban on new fossil fuel cars, which quite probably will get pushed back to 2040 or further, and came to the conclusion that if I dont buy diesel and enjoy the pleasure of travel then someone else will.
I hope I am still around when these dates come and go but if I am I doubt I will have the inclination to drive but instead be ferried around in my children’s or grandchildrens electric vehicles.
Make no mistake, fossil fuels will be around for a long while until those who profit from it have non left to sell, such is the way of the world, always has been and always will.

2 Likes

Haha, seen the same signs when I was over, its banks of new charging points not yet in comission. Infrastructure is moving albeit still too slowly.