Ev insurance cost

Hi all
Looking at buying a new ev and wondered how the insurance compared to a ice car
I asked my insurance for a quote but they said they needed more information ie a registration as I haven’t bought the car I can’t give this information
So can anyone who owns a ev or a Tesla model 3 give me an idea of the general cost
Many thanks

2018 Nissan LEAF 2.0 = 600€ per year.
2015 Nissan E-NV200 = 522€ per year.

This is with Allianz, both are fully comp, with world wide breakdown cover included. I have maximum no claims bonus.

2018 Renault Zoe 346€ a year (with Pacifica)

How about a cost simulator ? Apparently, you don’t need the reg number, just the model.

2021 VW ID3 €290.

That includes the fiscal bonus on insurance for new EVs which exonerated us from paying TSCA. Fully comp, No breakdown as still in 3 year period where offered by VW.

That’s not true Nick, they are just being lazy :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. If they have the reg and enter it then all the other fields, make, model, etc, are automatically populated from the central car registration database, otherwise they have to (gasp) manually enter the data. You can do that yourself too on some insurance companies websites, MAAF for example.

I bought a new BMW i4 M40 last July and the insurance (through @fabien ) was €870, which I thought was reasonable for a 340BHP car. I doubt the insurance on a 4 series ICE would be much different, possibly a bit more because the French Government has waived some tax or other on EV insurance policies. Though I think that may come to an end this year.

1 Like

That’s a point. I guess I’m paying twice.

We have an online calculator available here => Car Insurance - Fab French Insurance

You can input a british registered vehicle as well as a French plate :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you all for your help much appreciated