Even Brexit lies are getting paper thin

2 Likes

Career politicians are ALL highly skilled in the arts of misleading and misdirecting. Really doesn’t matter which party they represent, or what policies they put forward, the misdirection and misleading statements are just par for the course.

1 Like

I think that’s true. Though I think their lying has become more blatant while our ability to hold them to account hasn’t improved. At least they got called out on this twaddle.

Agreed.
Not just politicians but in all walks of life, dare I say even on SF!
Say something often enough and a few will follow while others give up leaving them to believe that they are correct as there is no further resistance or counter discussion or argment to their opinions.

George Eustice has know said that the Trade Agreement with Australia negotiated by Liz Truss was bad for the UK.

Always fun listening to them in interviews, BoJo was a master. No matter what the question, they can answer with a completely different conversation, one that crows.

“Was Brexit a mistake?”

“The Government has reduced unemployment and increased housing over the past year, which is a great achievement.”

“So, was Brexit a mistake?”

“The government will be providing a substantial winter fuel payment to help all the needy and elderly this year.”

Extolling the Tory party with half truths and redirecting away from the actual issue. Obfuscation 101.

1 Like

A spectrum

Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate.
Friedrich Nietzsche

The Internet has compromised the quality of debate.
Noam Chomsky

If the cap fits
Anon

1 Like