Evening all, how was your week? Alternatively, how was your BDay? :)

What a wonderful day… !!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Could I have the recipe please? Thanks! X

Recipe, recipe, recipe - no, no, no - the question should be - “Can I have a slice please”!

:rofl::wink: Too late for my cake … it’s all gone… (and folks at the Mairie are up in arms that they missed out). Jeanne and Josette have been telling them how delicious it was and landing me in the mire… :thinking::relaxed:

1 Like

@anon92567933 I discovered a useful tip for banana cake/muffins etc. We’ve just been on holiday and as we were leaving the house I realised there was a bunch of bananas in the fruit bowl. So I just dumped them in the freezer just as they were. Took a couple out yesterday, left them to defrost, and then if you nip of the ends you get instant banana puree in ready made dispenser! Worked a treat for muffins.

1 Like

Yes I do that too!

1 Like

Banana Cake

125g butter
140g sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large very ripe bananas, well mashed
1 large beaten egg
110g sultanas/raisins (optional)
195g gluten-free self raising flour (I use Doves Farm)
45ml milk

Melt the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large pan.
Off the heat add mashed up bananas and mix well.
Add the beaten egg and dried fruit (if using) and mix again.
Add flour and milk and mix again. It should be a fairly sloppy mixture.

Put the mixture in a buttered and lined (just need to line the base and 2 ends so you can lift the cake out using the paper) 2 pound loaf tin and bake at 170 degrees (fan oven) for 50 minutes. Check after 45 minutes just in case. Leave in tin for at least 10 minutes otherwise it will fall apart when you try to handle it.

Et voilà, a gorgeous Banana Cake. Lovely on it’s own but I guess you could put a cream cheese icing on it if you wanted.

Do you want the Yorkshire Pudding recipe as well?

Here’s the cake, keeps well for several days in foil.

3 Likes

Looks yum and yes please to the Yorkshire recipe!

Yorkies - should make 6/8 individual Yorkies

125 ml milk
3 eggs
50g gluten-free plain flour (Doves Farm)
50g corn flour
Salt

Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees (fan oven).
Heat oil in a muffin tin.
Mix everything as you would normally for a batter.
Pour into very hot oil and cook for 25 minutes reducing the oven to 200 after 15 minutes.
Don’t open the door during cooking time as you will get pancakes instead of Yorkies.
You need to eat these pretty much straightaway otherwise they may sink.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

My son will be here for his 24th birthday this year…I’ve promised to make him a birthday cake…I can’t even remember the last time I baked a cake but he’s all for it…lol…I’m gonna keep this recipe Mandy…it sounds delicious…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Helen

Yes it’s really simple. All done in a saucepan with a wooden spoon. None of the usual faffing about with creaming things together or having to get out a food mixer.

And best of all it’s delicious. It was hubby’s favourite cake as well so I’m really happy I have someone else to make it for now.

3 Likes

On the strength of that banana loaf piccie I shot out to the shop to buy vanilla and a loaf tin :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Let me know how it goes Pete. A photo would be great. :cake:

1 Like

Just waiting for pay-day to get the bananas, Mandy! :joy:

1 Like