Exchange my french car for an english one

hi, looking to return to uk. Have 2008 volvo V 50 129000 kilometres. Anyone have an english car they would exchange/ deal . Anything considered. thanks. john

1 Like

Also have 1993 Peugeot 205, auto, with Air con, with tiny mileage. Happy to sell or exchange for uk one

has anyone out there a UK registered car on English plates, that they have not yet changed over. I am grateful for replies to date, but would prefer not to have to change speedo, headlights, and attempt to re register. Gov uk, want me to jump through hoops.

When do you return and where are you based. We’re hoping to move to lower Normandy end of January. We have a 1998 Citroen Xantia bought in France from a Citroen classic car collector but now reg in UK Will have new mot in December. Just travelled to lower Normandy and back. Traffic was a nightmare but car was fine. Happy to exchange to avoid paper work
Geoff

@yelrow Hi John, How soon are you returning? Are your cars on modern plates with the dept number separate, or the old style with dept as part of the number? Under new law they will need fresh CT’s (within 3 months), and may need access codes to transfer the Carte Gris to the new owner.
We may be interested, as we will be moving… It all depends on the timing.
Charles

Hi, Charles, peugot 205, oct 1993, auto and air con 115,000 kilometres, body immaculate, never failed mot… .Old style number plate. Volvo, 2008, new style plate. Volvo due CT, next jan. My understanding is that with change of owner, if recent, and new guy happy, it is not mandatory,. but, would not be a prob.
. Peugot CT, due Aug 2022… As for timing, april/ june, is our target. Any good? john

Hi John, that sounds promising and the timing is near enough. We have a 2009 Yeti with IRO 41K miles, FSH and immaculate. When I figure out how to PM you we can exchange emails.
Best wishes, Charles

click on his name/avatar in this thread and a box opens with some of his details and the word Message… click on Message… and there you are, chat away…

Charles, excuse my lack of knowledge, what is IRO, and what is FSH. Thanks Stella for explaining how to email. I have learnt something. john

IRO and FSH… the mind boggles… :rofl:

I’ve found 36 meanings for IRO on google. My favourite is Indian Robotics Olympiad. :grin:

FSH - Follicle stimulating hormone. :grin:

3 Likes

Not sure about IRO, FSH is full service history.
In region of ? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m sure you are right, @Lily ! I prefer the more…er…imaginative interpretations though :smiley:

2 Likes

I never did like acronyms, not sure how I ended up using them…must be old age creeping up on me :wink: Yes, in the region of, or approx would have been more suitable & full service history

1 Like

IRO = in the region of… :roll_eyes:

I must admit I thought it must be some “extra special” something… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

we’ll forgive you though… you’ve made us laugh…

good luck

Charles, hi, got 3 emailsfromyoutoday, all the same, and deleted 2. Unfortunately, I t took away all 3 . Sorry, can you resend your email address. John

I think you have to make a certain number of posts @pantomnesia before that option appears. Perhaps 3? I shall check…

1 Like

Just checked - you can’t really do much when you first join except read posts and reply to them but you move on like this -

Get to trust level 1 by…

Entering at least 5 topics

Reading at least 30 posts

Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

Use all core Discourse functions; all new user restrictions are removed

**Send PMs**

Upload images and attachments if enabled

Edit wiki posts

Flag posts

Mute other users
1 Like