Fabulous Weather!

I miss the foghorn on the Mersey estuary.

1 Like

I went to the beach yesterday, it’s just a few minutes from Mum’s house. So lovely to see and hear the sea and smell the sea air. It’s been a while.

3 Likes

Maybe she would have preferred they live in Basildon!!! :laughing:

1 Like

Don’t!
My aunt lived in Pound Lane in Bowers Gifford, & always considered herself “a cut above”…she was a secretary at Shell !
When she answered the phone she’d say “Hello…Basildon…” in a voice just like Hyacinth…with the emphasis on the “Baz”

3 Likes

Oh yes, very posh road!

Shame I didn’t say hello to you that time at Leclerc, might have been nice for me and hubby to have known an English-speaking local. Ah well…

2 Likes

Sunshine and happy families at mont d’or. No I mean mont d’olmes.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same but I have to confess I’m one for keeping my head down :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wotchit! When we first moved to Essex in 1981 we lived in Malyons Mews, Felmores, in a new-build Basildon Development Corporation home, and won First Prize for Best Back Garden, but not before some thieving git pinched some of our lovely hexagonal paving slabs just before the judges arrived.:frowning:

That’s Basildon for yer! :scream::+1::broken_heart::grinning:

I liked Pound Lane a lot and one of my last jobs was in the psychiatric unit at the top end, and before that in another psychiatric unit at the bottom end. That’s Pitsea for yerI

I also bought my Land Rover from an old geezer in Pound Lane who did them up (very lovingly) and sold them on.

Loved the original Roland Emmett Owl & Pussycat clock in Southgate Shopping Centre, sadly mothballed.

Happy days…

2 Likes

Just stunning - lapping it up :sunny: :smile: :sunny: :smile: We’re about 8C warmer than Nice today - and only 100km further South!

1 Like

There is still 'flu doing the rounds here in Sivignon/Trivy.

Glad you are feeling better.

1 Like

This was yesterday…!

Hmmm…

The forecast doesn’t look too good for Morbihan

Guess which week I booked to come over and get some jobs done. Doesn’t look like I’ll be doing much in the garden - at least it isn’t going to be especially cold!

:slight_smile:

My ancien normand neighbour prognosticates a very cold and unusually dry April, indeed an unusually dry year, like the last.

We looked gloomily at the fruit trees that are well and precociously into bud, well established flowering shrubs buddleia and hydrangeas ditto, all prone to a likely vicious gel which could kill off the blossom and blitz the fruit.

Having lived here all his life he knows the seasons, the weather, the climate (and that they are not the same). He is fatalistic and works with what nature delivers, in long cycles of five/ten/twenty years. Quite a philosopher as well as a countryman, a man to value and learn from.

I planted some winter garlic in mid-November last year and it is coming along well, as are the artichokes which I planted as cuttings from an old and fecund mother. But I lack the energy for much heavy work this year: age is catching up with me.

I am worried about frosts later on. My almond and apricot trees are all flowering so I expect no fruit again this year.

1 Like

I did an overnighter in Liverpool Tuesday/Wednesday and it was sunny and warm sitting outside pubs etc in a light weight jacket. Today its been piddling down and misty

Woken up to this strange wet stuff falling out of the sky - anyone know what it is? :sunglasses:

2 Likes