Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp & Messenger

Perhaps it’s also worth pointing out that there’s another live post on here where the OP has been blatantly rude to a whole group of people but perhaps you consider that to be harmless banter.

Can you give me a link to the post in question please? Perhaps I haven’t seen it.

I’m not sure if it was to my post David was being rude to or not., because frankly i can’t be bothered to re-read.
It is apparent, that depending on the individual; they do not care what FB do with any information they have , and also misunderstand what is meant by the “data”.
In most , or the vast majority of people, I guess it will make absolutely no difference to their daily life, and i count myself as one of them…i dont care what is done with the data regarding my FB
NO ONE, can tell an individual if they should be worried, because NO ONE, except the INDIVIDUAL concerned will know what is there !!
If there is a bugbear with me, is the principal of what they are doing, and the way it is done.

1 Like

No data is benign or worthless - even the lack of data in and of itself is worth something.

1 Like

Facebook is not “merging their platforms”, they want to unify their messaging technology. So that Facebook Messages, Whatsapp and Instagram messages can be sent from one to the other transparently and with end-to-end encryption.

https://www.wired.com/story/facebook-messenger-whatsapp-instagram-chat-combined-encryption-identity/

David, Paul asked me to delete his account today. I don’t doubt that your rudeness and subsequent refusal to apologise played a part in his decision. Please contact me via PM to discuss your continued membership.

2 Likes