Favourite food

Ice cream with meringue is a known recipe.
I have just bought myself an ice cream maker, before that I used to make it all by hand.
We have sixty strawberry plants and loads of raspberries and blackberries in the garden.
By the way I drove to Munich via Stuttgart and there was three hours of traffic jams, caused by the large hill and no crawler lane for lorries.
Much better coming back, but I don’t think I will be doing that again.

My grandmother’s black pudding.
No longer on the menu.

1 Like

Love black pud, it’s ok from our butcher here (he displays his medal in the shop) :slightly_smiling_face:
But it’s much different from the pud I knew in Whitehaven and Scotland, lots of diff’ recipies for black pud.
In Portugal, when they slaughtered a pig in the street, there was a lot of the blood and offal consumed with a lot of wine, one thing was the blood was cooked in a shallow tray which produced a black pud like offering that was eaten warm on bread.

Yes, I have had nougat glacé and lemon meringue ice cream before - but I am intrigued as to how Pavlova ice cream may turn out. When you say make by hand do you mean one of those churns with ice around it and a paddle inside? My machine is a lazy person’s dream as it is a small restaurant one so very simple and easy and quick. Big though.

i put some soaked prunes into my nougat glace…soaked in madeira.

2 Likes

No I use swiss meringue which is made with a hot sugar syrup onto the egg whiteIt does not need stirring whilst it freexes.

I currently have a powerful penchant for salade piémontaise. I have no idea why. :yum::thinking:

1 Like

Really enjoy French cuisine in general, but one thing I couldn’t eat (unless absolutely starving), is ‘andouille’, smells absolutly disgusting, anyone claim to like it?

cannot get better than a nice plate of Laver Bread with tripe and Bubble & Squeak, possibly with some fermented mushy peas.

The worst thing I ever ate was a century egg. I did keep it down though.

1 Like

andouille i loved it. my grandad used to eat a slice with bread and margarine but i wasnt allowed to taste it.i do now the french way.

Sorry Carol, can’t get near enough to taste it, for the smell, phew!

2 Likes

To die for… chocolate/mousse cake… yummie… :relaxed: especially with “drunken plums”… hic…:wink:

35210632_10156462496329851_3958578825947774976_n

1 Like

Half the cake and 2 bottles of wine seems a little excessive :wink:

1 Like

There were 4 of us… :wink:

If anyone out there has any Grollet left… I can confirm, it is wonderful with chocolate… with anything, in fact… :hugs:

1 Like