Favourite food

On another thread people started to talk about their favourite food. I think this warrants it’s own thread. Here’s my favourite meals:

Eggs of all kind, fried with chips or boiled with toast are my favourites.
Roast dinner - preferably lamb, must have roast potatoes and Yorkies.
Bacon sandwich - must be on white bread (preferably a British split tin doorstep), with butter and lots of pepper and vinegar.
Full English breakfast - no beans!!!
Toad in the hole
Homemade hamburgers with “plastic” cheese
Mild fruity fragrant curry

I imagine more will come to me.

Let’s have your choices.

All curry dishes, any roast, most Mexican dishes, smoked fish, tomato based pasta dishes, hearty soups, a good barbecue, a good steak, a fresh crunchy salad.

2 Likes

Haagen Dazs - preferably, but not necessarily, one involving caramel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I make ice-cream and sorbets and like experimenting, I bunged half a leftover Tiramisu (made far too much because I’d also made Pavlova and that was all wolfed down) in my ice-cream machine the other day to see what would happen and it was marvellous. I am going to make a pavlova specially for putting in the machine next. I might put it in in stages though, deconstructed.

2 Likes

i enjoy banana sandwich on toasted bread, for breakfast, spaghetti bolognaise or carbonara, veggie homemade soup.fresh salmon , fresh bread with garlic.

Not a big ice cream fan, too cold for me. Yes, I know I’m a bit strange :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I love a banana sandwich, must have lots of salted butter on it though :yum::yum:

1 Like

Tatare de Boeuf with frites is one :yum:

1 Like

I came up with a winner the other day…

hot, caramelised-pineapple chunks with caramel ice cream… OH decided to keep me after all… :wink::blush::hugs:

2 Likes

Hubby loves this too with plain vanilla ice cream… or in his chinese food

I invented it… :relaxed::hugs:

1 Like

A classic Italian pizza

1 Like

Chicken and ribs, bbq style with fries

1 Like

Oh yes Mark. I love barbecued food, that lovely smokey taste and always eaten outside. Yummy!!

1 Like

I love the look of horror on the faces of my neighbours… every year they have a big family barbecue…everyone down from Paris and all over. As the smoke drifts and blows skywards (or wherever)… … in my best French…

“Don’t worry, I’ve phoned the Pompiers… they’ll be here soon !”

At least one of them falls for it every time… there’ll be a a high-pitched squealing of panic …as they anticipate water crashing down on them … :wink::grin::rofl:

1 Like

Chinese food is my favourite…and Hong Kong cuisine in preference.

1 Like

:rofl: Thats cruel Stella!

It’s a laugh a minute in my neighbourhood… :relaxed::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like