Felibree de verteillacois 2014 - paper flower making volunteers needed

VOLUNTEERS URGENTLY NEEDED IN ALL VILLAGES, TO ASSIST WITH THE DECORATIVE PAPER FLOWER MAKING, ESPECIALLY LADIES/GENTS WITH SEWING MACHINES, WHO CAN HELP TO SEW THE WYSTERIA[GLYCINES] FLOWERS.

PLEASE CONTACT OUR MAIRIE FOR WORKSHOP DETAILS OR TONY BRADLEY abradley@wanadoo.fr

Or Mrs Miggins from the pie shop? Major chortle! :)

Costumes vary - for men white shirt hat ribbony tie trousers, for women natty ensemble (top & ankle length skirt, lace cap & mittens etc if smart, wench top & big skirt & apron & cloth tied around back of head if horny-handed daughter of toil. I was a HHDOT... the local seamstresses run up your costume & I could have got about 3 of me into mine, vvv funny, I looked like a badly-wrapped parcel/extra from Blackadder (member of Baldrick's family, obviously).

That sounds huge fun Veronique! What's the costume like...?

Interestingly (or not) my wife was introduced to (30 odd years ago) an old fellow in Seilhac who had grown up speaking Occitan as well as French so he spoke a bit for them.

Dordogne a bit far for us in this bit of the Creuse but think we'll look it up.

Many thanks for the info! :)

The Félibrée is the big Occitan knees-up held every year in Dordogne, one year in the N & the next in the S. It is great fun. I'll lend you my costume if you like ;-)

Is this all départements/communes Tony or anywhere specific?