Festiv'arz

Lovely Chris, she’s brilliant at the violin, and so is the guitarist, thank you !

3 Likes

We spent a part of the evening with one of them last night, an ex colleague of mine !

2 Likes

Glorious! The two men dancers were spell-binding, some of the bystanders were transfixed.

Only in Scotland, perhaps, an event like this on British soil?

2 Likes

I thought so too Pete…loved the dancers…it was dancing we learned when we were very little…My maternal gran was Scottish…large family and all girls put on a train and sent into service at 14 and under…Leicester Melton Oakham barkby…none ever saw their parents again…there’s an old black and white photo in our family history…,one of several that I find really poignant…a proud man…a piper in tartan and sporran…Another of all the kids outside of their cottage when my gran was still a child…My Gran never lost her accent…soft gentle tuneful lilting and musical to me…She loved the bagpipes and I guess that’s why I have an emotional response too as I adored her…I have one treasured photo of her holding my first born…she never got to meet my other two…and yes I agree…the expressions of the bystanders…lighting up both old and young…xxx

2 Likes

Thought I was emotionless…till I heard that…:wink:

I might be digressing from the last few posts, but, whatever happened to good old English loyalty? In the north of the land, in that beautiful county of Northumberland, home of the biggest battle between the English and Scots and land of many castles and inventors, you will also find the Northumbrian pipes, similar to bagpipes but played with an air pump under the left arm, beautiful nostalgic music at its best [quote=“ptf, post:1, topic:21794, full:true”]

Got bored waiting for Orange who didn’t show (thought it odd to get an appointment on a bank holiday) so came over to Arzal instead.
[/quote]

3 Likes

Absolutely awesome. I love this . Do you know who he is? I could listen to this all day. Also , not strings but piano - if you like this try listening to Tokyo Myers.

1 Like

Oh me too. I’m in bits. This is absolutely fabulous. Thank you for sharing it with us . I’m grinning ear to ear with a lump in my throat :blush:

1 Like

One of the french horn flash mobs. Love to see all the different ages and so forth:

3 Likes

that has got my feet tapping… :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Brilliant Mary, Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Mary… this is a little long… but I loved it when I first saw it some years ago… and it still thrills me…

These talented youngsters had a wonderful opportunity, working with Sir Simon Rattle … :hugs:

2 Likes

I’m not sure who he is but you would think with a talent like that he would have a recording contract with someone…??? x :slight_smile:

Helen… are you talking about Bryson Andres, violinist…

1 Like

Yep…! Thanks Stella…! That’s him…x :slight_smile:

Jack…I found this lady…beautiful sound too…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG, this is absolutely riveting to watch. Thank you so much for posting. Genius and so exciting to see the learning process and thought process. When I was a kid, I auditioned for a national chorale group for students and got in. But what I really would have loved was to have been a good enough french horn player to have experienced this kind of thing. That conductor is brilliant, and I am gushing. Oh well. Cheers! :sunny:

4 Likes

Jack, Helen you do well to remind me/us of the splendid heritage of the North of England, and how have we arrived at a situation where the very soul of our country is so neglected? Although originally a Midlander (Brummie) my spirits always lift when I travel North, and have that indescribable feeling of coming home. This collation of talent and soulfulness is a real treat. :heart:

1 Like

:+1: but a long time I’ve been away :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you Helen, I’ve not heard the ‘pipes’ in the 29 years since I left Northumberland, and such a beautiful player too…x

2 Likes