Fête des Voisins

Just rolled in from the annual Fête des Voisins 'do' in the Salle des Fêtes. A good time was had by all.

Great idea to have these get-togethers as it really does bond the community together. Nice food, good company, free-flowing liquids and lovely weather and no hint of discord and the kids of all ages were impeccably behaved as usual.

Ths year my contribution was scotch eggs, which always gets the people talking and a coconut cake topped with dark chocky a 100s & 1000s.

Can't imagine a nicer day out - it helps that the English beat the French in the Six Nations as this allows true bragging rights for the year ! I tried yet again to explain the rudiments of cricket but to no avail....there's no hope for these people !

Sounds great Paul. Our F d V was for the benefit of our two streets which run parallel.This year the turnout was 45 which included about 15 children under the age of 12. Great atmosphere as usual with no hint of aggro. One year we tried it outdoors under the trees at the Salle des Fêtes but this was deemed a bit too warm, even forthe Limousin so it's held indoors nowadays. I bet it will be great down where you are.

Ours is this Sunday, only the second time we have had it, and we are really looking forward to it. It has the great advantage of being only for the village, unlike the fete which gets invaded by all the drunken youth for many miles around.

Blimey, what a mixture !!!

My déjeuner entre voisins is on Sunday in the vines, weather permitting - the only foreigners are a Dutch couple although as my pacsé is half French and half Italian & I'm half French & half Scottish perhaps between us we count as one more foreigner ...

Hi Jane, obviously nobody else takes part in such community activities ? Sad really...

Maybe they just stick together in their expat ghettos ?

We have our Quartier picnics in August. A small marquee and tables and benches and good company.
Excellent.