Fibre d'Orange

Mine came in from the pavement via a gaine alongside the electricity and water ones put in down the drive when thehouse was built and this came out under the fuseboard in the cellier where the internet is now plugged into a special section on said fuseboard so all neat and tidy with the little black box on a shelf nearby.

Our cables come into the hamlet on poles. When they installed our fibre they just followed the route of the old copper line. No hassle, no grief.

Same here. They just put another, lower metal cross piece on the pole that carries the existing copper telephone line. The fibre is strung between the poles, and each pole has a small white box underneath with a cable (probably a bunch of fibres) going to it from the cross piece.

Yes Orange always seem to describe the amazingly high level of coverage they deliver in France by mentioning their coverage as of % of the population.

Great. Put 1 transmitter at Notre Dame in Paris and you’ve given a signal to what… 10% of the French population?

Tell me what % of France’s land surface area you cover with a decent signal, Orange, and how much is it? 40% ?

Yours rurally,
karenlot

Same here (southern most hamlet in 86330). Green box appeared on an existing telegraph or electricity supply pole, about 40 metres from the house. Very nice engineer strung fibre cable from the main box to a nearer pole and then to outside of the house by a bedroom window. Then through a hole in the window frame. Not quite as central in the house as I wanted. But as we talked about the renovations that I would be doing, and how I’d like to place the box eventually, he (by mistake of course) left a good length of cable on site, which I’ll be able to use later to reposition the Livebox. May still need WiFi repeaters in some rooms as I have 50cm thick stone walls.

Did he also leave the fibre welding equipment that will be required?

It may be terminated in a connector.

We have a box on the wall where it enters the property in one room then approx a 20m fibre lead to where the livebox is located in the entrance hall.

I intend to move the livebox by using the 20m fibre lead and have a comms cabinet in another room which will be hidden away.

1 Like