Financial support available

i’ve just heard via another site that, if you’re in receipt of any other kind of funds. eg UK pension, that you’re not eligible. My UK pension wouldn’t feed my cats for a month, never mind us!

This is support for registered small businesses not for individuals.

I’m AE and have been since 2012, but I understand that you have to apply on your particulier, not your business account with the tax office and declare, on your honour, that you’re not in receipt of any income other than that which you earn.

I can’t see anything on the application form that says that. Perhaps you could post details of the info you mentioned before.

1 Like

That seems to be the case for the solidarity fund

Si vous étiez dans l’une de ces situations au 1er mars 2020, vous ne pouvez malheureusement pas bénéficier du premier volet du fonds de solidarité (aide plafond de 1500 €) :

• vous cumulez votre activité avec un contrat de travail à temps complet (que ce soit un CDD ou un CDI)*
    • vous percevez une pension vieillesse*
    • etc*

Personally I would apply anyway and see what happens.

No mention of pensions in the second ‘grant’ anyway.

1 Like

I have assumed that we aren’t eligible for anything as we don’t pay cotisations, or make quarterly declarations. We just declare rental income in our annual return and pay tex and social charges on it.

I might be wrong but having a Siret or Siren number is the key to getting this particular aid.

1 Like

We have those, and are a BIC, but as we are Louer en Meublé Non Professional I don’t think we count.

If you have a regular income ie you earn something every month then you could compare March 2019’s income with last month’s and see if there is a 50% or more difference (loss), if so I would make a claim.

2 Likes

Has anyone applied for this?

Good morning yes I applied Monday. I have been a micro entreprise one person for 22 yrs in the tourist letting industry with a siret number. My revenue has dropped to zero. It’s normally now I earn most of my revenue. I received a receipt of my application that’s all for the moment.

It seems that we’re not eligible for either fund, because OH has UK state pension. And at the same time to gov’t is telling us to pay our clients back, so depending on how long this goes on for we could end up with zilch this year. (We would actually pay them back anyway even tho’ the contract we have with them says we don’t have to, as we think morally wrong to take money for no service).

So my question is whether anyone has seen anything about CFE? As that would take the biscuit if we ended up with a minuscule income (we had bookings during vacance d’hiver) and still had to pay out hundreds on CFE!

I think there is in any case a minimun threshold below which you are not charged CFE (might be 5k?)
And it’s always been possible to appeal - I believe CFE appeals go to the departmental council so it’s not as big a deal as havng to appeal at national level.
But there must be lots of people in this position so hopefully the problem will be recognised and avoided. Departmental councils won’t want endless individual cases to look at.
It’s such a crying shame for people. Your lovely gite, Jane, that you’ve put so much thought and work into. But the main thing is to keep yourselves safe and hang on til times get better.

The whole thing is a crying shame! Bitter herbs and plagues are v relevant this year.

But we are lucky enough to have enough to fall back on, so can weather it. As you say, staying well is the priority - but since OH doesn’t want me out anywhere apart from the forest I will be fine until lockdown ends!

2 Likes

I applied and within a few days the money appeared in my account. Its not charity, whether we support the government imposed lockdown or not, if we cannot work, as self employed we cannot e.arn. Salaried staff
may or may not be paid but thats a different matter. Vive la France

Oh and I didn’t need to produce anything other than a SIRET

Yes and got it within days. They just needed me to log into the site and fill out the form. My SIRET was enough, and my word of honor.

Thanks Patrick, I applied yesterday and just wanted to see if anyone had received anything bearing in mind the grant has only just become available. I’m also assuming this will continue for as long as working restrictions are in place.

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. Compared with selling a car for instance.

Well I applied two weeks ago and apart from an e-mail acknowledgement have not received anything as yet.