First Eye Cataract Op - immediate aftermath?

Thanks @Mike_Pitt for your story. So interesting how people’s experiences differ.

OH eyesight still blurry and very sensitive to light.
I popped into an opticians yesterday morning for advice and she came up with a great solution - clip-on plastic sunglasses. I cut off the redundant righthand side. So he now has a clip on sunglasses “patch” just over his spectacle lens for left eye (the one that’s been operated on) which he can put down when the light gets too much, or flip up when he feels comfortable.
I’m thinking of patenting this for post eye operation patients. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had the operation on my left eye a few years ago. I slept through the operation. Applied drops as directed. All went well.
Obviously he needs the operation in order to continue being independent and able to read. The only thing I would not recommend is to fly for at least a month. I am not sure what effect the pressure difference would have on the surgery. But that is simply my view. Probably not supported by the surgeons.

Oh no - I stayed fully awake and alert through mine. I really enjoyed the technicolour light show as the old lens was lithotripped (if that’s a word) out of existence but the bonus (as a long time physics enthusiast) was seeing the Newton’s Rings experiment taking place inside my own eye as the new lens unfolded and settled into the corneal sac. That was 8 seconds of pure bliss!

YMMV, of course…

2 Likes

I imagine it could be compared to taking drugs seeing all those colours and shapes, I still have them in my mind now. At least I didn’t see pink elephants and green donkeys :wink:

I find operations like that really fascinating :sunglasses: I had two of my fingers amputated under local anesthetic, watched most of it bar the grinding down of the knuckles :laughing:

4 Likes

Crikey! I can’t look when having an injection or blood being taken :nauseated_face:

Just call me stumpy :wink::laughing:

1 Like

The great thing about eye operations is that you can’t actually see what is being done :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

I wouldn’t dream of it!

We knew a lovely BorderTerrier who was born with one foot missing. She was the perkiest lovely little thing and stole my dogs dinners whenever she could. Ran all over at top speed a little lopsidedly.

Her name was Tipsey.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:, You adapt to changes like that as I lost the first two nearly 20 years ago.
It does make some things a challenge as I use to be left handed, just don’t be near me when I am using a sledgehammer as it’s not the first time I have had to traipse half way up a paddock to retrieve the hammer or hit the other side of a room while using one :grin::laughing:.

A lot of my breton farming neighbours had finger stumps or just spaces where fingers used to live, unfortunately for them those long knives for chopping the cauliflowers and artichokes off their stalks sometimes misses as they go so fast.

You can always dine out with old Yakusa

Postman Pat Syndrome :wink:

Yikes! What happened to poor Postman Pat?

There is a dark, dark story, did you ever notice how all the kids in the village seem to have ginger hair. And who else has ginger hair? Postman Pat, murky goings-on :face_with_peeking_eye::yum::laughing:

1 Like

I tried to watch that with my 2.5year old grandson but found it a bit creepy and I never saw it as a child or with my own kids, same with the Telitubbies, that is even creepier. He is into Paw Patrol so now I know that word for word but we have to keep it a secret as his mum does not approve of very much TV for his age.

:wink::yum::grin:

1 Like

‘Disgusting, if you ask me. Not that I have concerns about my wife, my sheep have been watching her 24/7.’

:joy::smiling_face_with_tear:

Woodland and BBC Worldwide had an agreement in principle to sell the series to NHK in Japan. But NHK noticed that Pat soared to have just 3 fingers on each hand. The sake did not go through as to a Japanese audience it would seem that the British postal service was run by the Yakuza :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Actually, it may well be!
:sunglasses: