First wobble today

Sad day for you, but you didn’t want her to suffer-just hold on to your memories xx

1 Like

My heart is with you, I have had many cats, chickens, gerbils and know that feeling when one dies, and every time you remember them after that, but he will always be with you in your heart.

1 Like

Writing to us all is a powerful solution, Lily - we can then all help to share your grief. Well done.
I’m coming up to the first anniversary of the loss of my beloved blonde labrador, Melou. Never a day goes by . . .
I have a suggestion for you. I’m sure you have many photos - upload a favourite one as your screen-saver. Then, every time you open up your computer, there he will be, ready to greet you as always. Just as you remember him.
Time is the great healer.

7 Likes

And you have to participate in your own healing.

Love can’t be held on to. Like a freshly picked rose, if we hold on to it, it soon bruises, wilts and corrupts. That is as natural as life itself.

We should learn to appreciate it more wnen we encounter it, but not claim it for ourselves and cling to it. We can remember its sweetness, and be grateful, but it’s fragrance cannot endure, except in the tenderest and briefest of imaginings.

Holding on to the lost object of love only leads to suffering. Let it go and be grateful for what you had, now it is gone and irretrievable.

3 Likes

Very wise words Peter, are you sure you haven’t been on this planet in a previous existence :innocent:

1 Like

If anyone is keeping a tally, I’d really rather not know about it! :thinking::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::scream:

4 Likes

Thank you ALL for your kindness, something I did not expect and it brought me to tears again, but in a warm cosy way.
Sending you all a big hug :hugs::heart:

6 Likes

This is one of the last photo of him, keeping my little dog warm (I had to make the same decision with him two months ago)

7 Likes

He’ll be with his little friend now… :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

A good friend of mine pointed me to this - made me cry the first few times i read it but it has helped

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

2 Likes

Thank you Peter, all my furry friends are waiting there for me :hugs:

4 Likes

Hi Lily, how sad, so much grief at once. I hope you will have more furry friends in the future when the time is right.
Take care
Izzy x

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your visit Lily. All of us must some day face the same story, despite cuddling and playing, at one point it will all be over.
You are not alone and all the cats will be meeting together and will be waiting for you to join them all an at even later point.
Just take each day as it comes and the pain will grow less. I know.

2 Likes

Hi Lily,
Like many others, our hearts go out to you at this sad moment, reflect on the happiness your cat has bought to you over the years, and the great home you no doubt have supplied.
I run the cat Charity Chats du Quercy, if you want to have a chat to a like mind, just to pour your heart out, don’t hesitate to contact me there, Lynn STONE 0563947397
Our very best

4 Likes

Lily. We feel your pain. Awful. Our turn soon. Maisie is 21. We try to console ourselves by saying well at last we will be able to have time away fom the house. Weekends. Holidays. We know that we will return to an empty house and not all the ‘well she had a good life’ platitudes will help. She is such a huge part of our daily lives. We are aware of her every waking moment.

3 Likes

Thank you - we have a 15 year old so that is hugely encouraging! He still goes out on ‘all nighters’ - even if he does look a bit ‘mangy’! Xx

2 Likes

Condolences…I understand completely the profound sadness of loss and having to make the call to let your pet go…take care :pray:

1 Like

Really sorry to hear this - I’ve been through the same but take comfort knowing that you gave him a great life and always did the right thing at the right time - even until his last day. Hugs, Art.

1 Like