Flagging Important topics with a flag marker

I think there is a feeling that perhaps it isn’t fine for everyone for retrieving the informative posts from the chatty ones.

2 Likes

Thoroughly agree. I posted before Brexit about banks possibly closing accounts and the topic was flooded with irrelevant chat. It would have been much more useful for people with real concerns to have been able to share relevant info, for example on who to write to in financial regulators about our concerns.
I’m all for the red flag system. :grin:

2 Likes

That would have been a very good thread on which to begin.

When I started the new vaccine thread, I wrote

there is a very high risk that important information will be lost in the mêlée as people are discouraged from using SF as a valuable resource…

and this was generally well supported with likes :heart: and that has been very encouraging. If this does move forward, I do hope that the community will continue to support and respect it’s principle as a benefit to all.

4 Likes

I don’t think you are capable of writing anything that isn’t rude or offensive! And I’ve just realised I can’t see if there is a red flag on this thread while answering.

I suggest you edit your comment. Personal attacks are not allowed. Whether the thread has been red flagged or not…

There isn’t :wink:
but I think there may be a red card :red_square: :laughing:

1 Like

Not even jocular ones?

I agree with whoever said “ If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.

It will hit me hard because I take very few things seriously nowadays or, I do believe there is a place for humour in just about any topic.
But,I will go with the flow and respect the rules.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t panic too much because I honestly don’t think we are talking about many threads at all.

2 Likes

Problem is Peter, some will say (have said) it is breaking (if not broken) since it’s difficult sometimes to wade through the morass of jocular off-topic quips in a thread intended to be serious and informative.
Better to replace the roof when the sun is shining rather than wait till it pisses down :wink:

1 Like

It may also be that people who have been in France already for quite a long time don’t need help with serious questions? (I am not being facetious there, just thinking) New(ish) people may be looking for help in possibly stressful circumstances…

Could be right Angela… Peter has been here forever! :slightly_smiling_face:
plus a day…

Gosh! Big respect!

Only matched by my inability to be insulted Ron :face_with_hand_over_mouth: and I did day “too” rude :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So are you doom mongering about the future of SF if we don’t follow your way?

of course not, don’t be silly but you’d surely expect me to defend the idea - wouldn’t you?

Well Angela, SF(N) helped me get through some tough times many years ago and I’m grateful for that. I’ve been around France on and off since the 70 s and so have been through so much. SF is a great source of info to so many and we are lucky not to have had too many @r$&#*$# over the years.

1 Like

Please stop worrying everyone! At the end of the day @james and myself will make a decision based on what is best for the site and its users. Lets give this a try and see how it pans out!

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea - It should allow the freedom of speech to flourish as it has done for many years in most threads and allow those important issues which just give and discuss relevant information to stick to the facts. My only concern is that some of the advice l have read on important issues published here has been misplaced at best and completely erroneous at worse. I do hope it will all be fact checked and sourced before being red flagged.

1 Like

You volunteering Dan?