Flaky or puff pastry

(jane capoani) #1

I have been living in France too long to remember about different names for pastry

I see sometimes english recipes asking for PUFF pastry .and in France we can only get Pate feuilleté

Is it the same thing ?

(Carol Norwell) #2

Hi Jane…flaky pastry you roll out…3 times…each time adding tiny dabs of butter and folding and rolling the pastry out. Puff or Rough Puff…you add all the butter in one go, but again in bits on the rolled out pastry. Puff is less regular…but really…there isnt much difference!

(Helen Aurelius-Haddock) #3

Yes it is, so you can use it like the uk pre made puff pastry.