Flu jab after flu?

It’s dreadful in Tennessee where my family live, you feel like a human waterfall and then it can turn to an ice bomb overnight and you go the other way. They have always got colds after all the years in hot concrete Texas where it was bone dry all year round and no humidity

1 Like

Well, well, well!

@Corona
You’re right. We’ve got COVID. :roll_eyes:

So far as I’m aware this is the first time and I really would prefer not to have it again!

Sorry to hear that and hopefully you’ll get over it as quickly as I did. :face_with_medical_mask:

1 Like

May not be the same variant as the jab will provide cover for. Personally, I’d still get it.

One hop behind there Roger :grin:

2 Likes

Those of you who have had COVID, any advice please for a speedy recovery? We’re back on board the ferry next Wednesday and then a 600km drive over 2 days. I’d rather feel better doing that than how I feel at the moment.

I don’t recall covid hanging on a long time like some of the colds I’ve had, although I do recall being tired for a couple of weeks afterwards. Hopefully you will recover enough for the drive not to be too arduous. How feasible is it to extend your stay another week?

Felt rough for two days and one day couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed for one day. Lemsip colds a flu made me feel a bit better then the following day up on the roof fitting a new cowl.

OH would agree with you. But he’s on a “production line” of blood tests, scans and consultant appointments which I’m loathe to reschedule. I’ll see how we are at the w/end.

3 Likes

Would that not risk passing it to hospital staff?

We fell ill last Saturday (26th). HIs first blood test is 14th October. Will he still be infectious/contagious? I would hope not. I’ll test again in a few days.
Obviously we will wear masks use antiseptic hand wash.

1 Like

Should be fine by then, I tested clear after 5 days.

1 Like

Covid, which I’ve had two or three times, leaves lesions on your lungs. It’s a serious illness. They do go away, but it takes take time. Mind yourselves and don’t overdo it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I got it last year, very reassuring given my history which mirrors yours. I’ve always wondered if my lungs are a bit rubbish because I was quite premature. Still haven’t had COVID and am very thankful.

1 Like

The pneumococcal one, or something else?

Yes, the pneumococcal vaccine.

1 Like

I’ve lost track of who is in which country, although I think @Ancient_Mariner is back in UK and therefore talking about UK vaccinations.

@SuePJ are you in UK or France at the moment ??

Yes, back in the UK (I want to add SSR, for Beatles fans).

1 Like

In Chichester. We’re over for two weeks and had lots of plans, including meeting up with friends. Sadly, everything cancelled.

such a shame but fingers-crossed you will both throw off the covid asap :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes