Foire de Vin

Picked up 11 cases of wine at Lidl, St Chinan and Bordeaux, both gold medal, don’t use the place much, but they do some good deals on wine :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s the link to this week’s pub with all the wine and cheese promos.

https://www.lidl.fr/fr/catalogue-en-ligne.htm

2 Likes

Well worth a visit, the cave is ‘topped up’ nicely. :+1:

The icing on the cake, our local Lidl, occasionally, does a ‘Huge’ box of fruit and veg for 1€, just a pity more folk, who are really hard up, probably won’t be aware of it, second time we have been lucky to be there when it’s happened. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A bit of cookind done : 4 kilos of carots transformed into mash and boxed ready to go to the freezer,
then : 4 bio peppers, 1 kilo of tomatoes (minus one that was squashed), 350gr of chery tomatoes cooked with 2 courgettes, 3 onions and garlic out of our garden, still on the cooker
A gâteau au yaourt in which I added 2 nectarines, a small box of rasberries, 2 bananas, is still in the hoven.
We still have about 2 kgs of banana that are well rippened, but not a clue about what I can do with them…

1 Like

Charming accent You have my Little Love :hugs:

Just sampling the St Chinon, it’s very good :grin:

By the way, it’s Saint Chinian, not Chinon ! totaly different wine !

1 Like

Maybe sampled it too well, but it is ‘a bit good’ U No! :grin:

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you very much Mandy !

1 Like

Wow - thirsty?

The Confit de Canard at Lidl is very good.

1 Like

Thinking of going back Mat the Chinian is really nice, the confit will be on the list too, thanks :+1:

I have also found this weekend that the Saucison Sec with walnut is excellent.

1 Like

I am currently on a coach somewhere between London and Dover. I have asked the friend who is picking me up tomorrow if we can call in at a Lidl to shop. I know what to look for now

2 Likes