Foolproof yorkshire puddings

This is a Jamie Oliver recipe.

INGREDIENTS

4 EGGS BEATEN AND PUT IN A JAR OR GLASS

FLOUR - ENOUGH TO COME UP TO THE SAME LEVEL AS THE EGG LEVEL IN SAME GLASS/JAR

MILK - ENOUGH TO COME UP TO THE SAME LEVEL IN SAME GLASS.

PINCH SALT

HOT FAT - NOT OLIVE OIL

METHOD

BREAK EGGS INTO A JAR AND BEAT - MAKE A NOTE OF THE LEVEL, PUT IN A BOWL TO MIX

MEASURE OUT THE SAME LEVEL OF MILK AND FLOUR (PLAIN) IN THE SAME JAR AND ADD THESE TO THE BOWL

ADD SALT AND BEAT UNTIL SMOOTH

PRE HEAT A MUFFIN TIN OR SIMILAR WITH THE HOT FAT IN AN OVEN ON 200 DEGREES OR HEAT ON TOP OF THE STOVE

POUR IN THE MIX ON TO THE HOT OIL

BAKE UNTIL GOLDEN AND WELL RISEN

IT REALLY IS THAT EASY!!

I did my first Sunday roast in France (as there are only the two of us it's a bit of a treat) and for the first time ever the Twerp, 7 years old, tried a little bit of everything instead of simply pushing the plate away. He managed one whole Yorkie with an 'Mmm this is nice' so thank you - that recipe succeeded where all others had failed with Mr Fussy.

I had some leftover Yorkies last week and they made a superb supper with some tasty onion gravy

This is potentially explosive knowledge.

After having all but given up in the search for the holy grail of great Yorkshires, you come along with this.

They nearly knocked my eye out when I took them out they had risen so much.

I do believe it's using equal quantities, hot fat so that they sizzle when you put the batter in, oven temp not too hot when the puds go in and lastly, I did not let the batter rest at all. Just thrashed it about and whopped it in the oven.

Kids are getting sick of Yorkshires now since Sunday - Not me though.

Using fizzy water gives a good rise.

Thanks for the inspiration. I made some tonight.

Always use Saint Delia's recipe, 3oz flour, 2fl oz water, 3 fl oz milk, 2 eggs salt, pepper and a hot oven. Never fails.

Me too, never got the hang of them and I was trying to describe them to the kids the other day - poor things have missed out on them all their lives! Definitely going to give this a go, thanks Helen :)

Thank you!! I've never been successful with Yorkshire puds - you could line your shoes with the ones I've turned out.