For the ladies, JEANS

Good morning! I am a neat size 38 and wear jeans always. 1m 64 in height. Skinnys. Camaieu, alas out of business, made them so the bottoms hardly needed adjusting, therefore the “skinniness” went to the ankle as it should. do any of you know of a make that cater for the shorter lady, inside leg 71 /72 cms. M and S said they had, useless, the rise too high and the leg too short…fed up with sending returns. Even and Odd did them, now not. Plus ça change etc…the first thing I did when I bought a seing machine, 50 odd years ago, was to take in my jeans to drainpipes. So di all the other students! i am very particular, but there must be some around.

Gémo, C&A, Jennyfer,La Redoute and even some of the supermarkets like Super U do some very nice clothes including all types of jeans. Spend a day going round the stores, you might find some interesting things as there are also a lot of boutiques as well

I’m around the same size and have found Kiabi trousers often fit quite well but the quality is not great. Try looking on Vinted. You may well find the exact model .

1 Like

I had a quick look!

We have a Pantashop in out bigger town that sells Carla Simoni jeans - an Italian brand that is cut well.

(Apparently Noz has bought Camaieu’s stock so might be worth looking there too).

Mango may be good for you, they do a load of different shapes and are usually good.
Otherwise Levi’s 501 taper are old faithfuls.

1 Like

Gosh, what a load of trouble to find jeans.
I get straight jeans from M &S, called Sienna this time.
I like a high waist, but I have to cover the back of the button with material as it gives me a rash.
M & S say no one else has this problem and I know I have more problems than most, but really, the only one.

My wife is very pleased with her new low-cut, skinny Levi 511s that she picked up last week at the Levi outlet in La Jonquera on the France/Spain border.

I was also very pleased because it meant I could walk out with three cases of Yzaguirre Catalan vermut at less than half the price in France (if you can even find it here).

1 Like

nickel allergy? not sure if a coat of nail varnish would insulate it or make it worse.

you are definitely not the only one with this allergic reaction.

Amyone remember lying on the floor in their new super skinny jeans as a teenager, with a wire coathanger through the zip tag to pull the zip up?

1 Like

of course I remember the wire coathanger! I think Shein may answer my fussy request!

Nononono Chinese fast fashion aaarrrgh

1 Like

I’ve prob asked you before but have you been to Reus? Go if not, and visit the vermut places, you can have excellent lunch/supper too. Reus is lovely.

Not far from us so might have a look for those next shopping trip.

H&M do jeans too, keep getting their ad pop up on my screen and I have had some good clothes from them over the years. As for Sh*in, don’t do it, look at some ofthe stuff people saw and what they received in real life!

Thanks, you’ve previously recommended the vermut museum, but nothing else about Reus, so it’s helpful advice. We usually stop over in Tarragona - it’s a six hour drive from us with a dog friendly hotel and easy parking on the Rambla Nova also a lovely food market for breakfast and stocking up .

However, it’d be good to stay somewhere new next time. Just glanced at Reus hotels and found a 4star for under €100, then read the small print and discovered there’s also €25 surcharge for a dog!

:scream::scream::scream: shein :scream::scream::scream: take a look at how they exploit, and you may change your mind on that​:scream::scream::scream: I think they make some sweatshops look positively angelic

Point shein taken, thanks

Envoyé depuis l’application Mail Orange

1 Like

Point doubly taken.

Envoyé depuis l’application Mail Orange

There have been some really lovely clothes ads pop up for ages now, just the sort of thing I like but when I see where they originate, bells ring and the worry about being ripped off comes up. Same with shoes and bags. The camera does lie.

I forgot to mention that I have been a customer of Sarenza the shoe online people now for many years and have always had perfect success and enjoyed shopping with them. They also do clothes and just looked to see they do jeans of all styles. Google Sarenza to have a look and their prices are always a bit lower than the high street shops too with returns so easy to do.