Fosse advice in Haute Vienne please

Hi all. I am buying a renovation project in the Saint Mathieu area 87440. It had a Fosse a Toutes Eau installed in 2007 which has never been connected and does not conform to current regs. For example there is no epandage. Before I involve Spanc, I would like someone with knowledge and experience to come and advise me on two things if possible:

1. In order to proceed with my renovations, can I connect to it in the short term and use it? and
  2. What needs to be done, timescale, and a devis etc for bringing it up to standard.
    Any help or recommendation of a professional who could give me practical advice would be appreciated. I’ve got the vendor diagnostic which is next to useless frankly. Completion of purchase prevu for 22nd April.
    Many thanks. Sean

Locally, when a property is sold with no-fosse or non-confirming fosse… the new owner has 1 year to get things put right… less if the outflow is polluting !!!

this is a condition the Buyer accepts on completion of the Purchase… all legal and through the Notaire so no side-stepping or evasion allowed (I’m still talking about local matters).

check with your Notaire/ or maybe your Mairie… it might be 2 years in your area… or it might be less (hope not)

Edit: I’ve just seen this is a side-step to your original fosse thread.
I hope you got the price down sufficiently to allow for whatever work needs to be done :wink:

Personally I would get SPANC involved now and get a written report of what is legally to be done to conform. If you explain when the completion date is, they may help you very quickly.

Hi Stella,
Thanks for your reply and yes, the price was suitably reduced :grinning:. Yes I am aware of the one year rule etc. I’m really looking for a builder or installer to come and take a look at it and advise me. What I really want to do is connect to it and use it whilst the SPANC process is happening as I’m aware that this can take several months. I can do the connection etc myself, but what I dont know is if anything special needs to be done to the thing to allow it to be used. It seems to be full of water, and has a pouzollane removable filter etc. Just wanting some practical pointers really. Best

Pages jaunes is your friend. I used to live in the Limousin (Creuse) and I can recommend Russel Waite RSW Entreprises – Travaux publics – Creuse, Limousin, but he might be a bit too far away. He might be able to advise over the phone though (and he’s english)

Thanks. I’ll look him up

Well, I had a sleepless night last night… and rather than count sheep, I found myself comsidering your Fosse… :wink:

In an effort to remain sane and sleep soundly tonight… I shall make one last comment on this thread. :wink:

It is my opinion and can be totally disregarded (with my blessing :wink: )

As you already know the Fosse does not conform…
Spanc should be contacted and arrive onsite without delay.
they will be helpful and get you started on the right path…

In my department, last year, they came within 2 weeks and were extremely helpful and patient with the new Owner…
Ideas were exchanged and a final plan/idea was agreed… (official dossier to be completed etc…) (I was scribbling notes to meanwhile remind the Owner what had been said/agreed :wink: )
It helped that the TPublique guy the Owner was nominating… was well-known to spanc and had their complete confidence…

Your local spanc will probably/possibly know the TP guy mentioned by Mark… and they will also know of others closer to home…

phew… that’s it… over and out

1 Like

Thanks Stella