Fourth Jab anyone? Be prepared for the next Wave

I have just had Covid (luckily not too bad although I am still tired). I was told that I needed to confirm my positive autotest with a PCR test as then I wouldn’t need the 4th jab. So that’s what I did.

But if the vaccine is only really effective for 2 months is immunity after Covid any better? I am 45 and I don’t think I will be offered the vaccine for another couple of months anyway.

Added to this one is quite likely to be re-infected even if vaccinated or after Covid. But the big upside is it should not be as bad.

What I am trying to say is, especially in the winter when there is more chance of being infected would it not be better to have the 4th vaccine anyway?

Or will it just become the norm that everyone goes through cycles of catching it?

2 Likes

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, having the jab 1,2,3,4 or more doesnt prevent the spread of the virus or it mutating, we all hoped it would but it doesn’t it just reduces the symptoms for some.

1 Like

Yep… might well be so… but even if the jab gives just the possibility of reduction in symptoms… for many folk that, in itself, is important.

2 Likes

Reduces the symptoms for most would be a fairer way of saying it

1 Like

Hmmm… only 1 in 4 of those returning home from hospital… are totally recovered a year later.
This is a UK study and it would be interesting to see a follow-up from other countries.

I know folk who have not been in hospital, but have got better “at home” and are still suffering on and off… weeks/months later.

I will keep saying it, due to our western consumption of processed foods with crappy contents people are already mildly sick before they get covid, it just amplifies the effects and recovery is slow for ill people and its nothing to do with physical fitness, its all to do with metabolic fitness.

A good watch and gives an oversight into why.

2 Likes

I would “like” your comment 10 times if I could. :grin:

1 Like

There was an interesting program on France5 yesterday after lunch about E numbers particularly and other additives generally in the majority of foodstuffs available.

There is a useful android app which you can use to check the facts whilst shopping which was featured in the program:

One of the best ways to avoid E numbers is to avoid processed foods and only eat fresh, back to the source, unprocessed produce.

5 Likes

I do my level best and have done for years… Ready, Steady, Cook was an inspiration to me… :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Lets see if vegetable oils, palm oils, margarine etc actually have E numbers? Their constituants might as seen in the video I posted earlier, the basics are bad before you get to the E’s. Marketed as heart healthy and other BS.

3 Likes

Please don’t tell me anything bad about cold-pressed virgin olive oil… :roll_eyes: that figures quite a bit in my cooking/salads… (and, no, I don’t deep-fry anything…)

1 Like

Its very good! Enjoy. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Not just for some, but for most, a huge amount of people would not be here without them.
If offered will you accept it.

My health pass was cancelled because the online system would not recognise my three vaccinations to date, because my first vaccination I had was in the UK, despite having uploaded the QR code no probkem. Ameli was reminding me that I neded a third jab, i.e. the first booster. So I went to my nearest hospital vaccination centre to explain and ask them to correct my vaccination record. They were unable to do that. So a very nice 'on the ball ’ doctor agreed with me that the quick and easy solution was to give me a 4th jab! He did - and my records all updated as showing I had 3 jabs and all fine! So very happy indeed to be a 4 jab super boosted woman of 67 years. And never yet had Covid touch wood. As the vaccination centre was quiet and I got the impression that people are not desperate for jabs I didn’t feel guilty taking a vaccine away from someone. I would kill (OK - happily pay) to get any vaccines offered, so if you are in the age category, for God’s sake get tbe 2nd booster. Why wouldnt you? Covid ain’t over yet and can damage your health long term. Seriously.

1 Like

Our MT suggested my old man have the fourth jab, a lot of his patients were having symptoms!
Appointment taken at local pharmacy, all done within a week.

Good question.

I’m glad you managed to get the hiccup with your vaccinations sorted out… finally.

A quick flit into the pharmacy and, after a tip-tap into their computer, we’re set to have our 4th Jab (2nd extra) on 16th May.

We all discussed the current situation, which is certainly improving (due to our lovely hot weather it seems) and the feeling is that there will (hopefully) be an Annual Vaccine just like one gets for the Flu… and that’ll suit us just fine. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

E-numbers are just a classification of chemicals that can be added to, or occur in foodstuffs.

I avoid processed foods as much as I can but it’s not possible to avoid E-numbers as most 'fresh, back to the source, unprocessed produce" contain chemicals that have been classified as E-numbers.

2 Likes