Fourth Jab anyone? Be prepared for the next Wave

In theory, I’m about ready for a fourth jab ( age 75 and third one last October) and so asked the receptionist at our MT whether I needed a prescription. She looked surprised that I was even considering it and asked if I was particularly at risk and also said the main local vaccination centre had shut - as if there really hasn’t been much demand.
I realise I can find a location on Doctolib, but I just wondered whether there is now a sentiment that it’s not worth doing and people are just getting on with their lives.
Have you had it? Or plan to have it when you can? Or decided not to bother?
@graham - if you are in touch with him, I wondered whether our absent friend has any info for/against the fourth jab? Thanks

I recently read that over 60s will be eligible for a 4th jab, 6 months after their 3rd.
My wife and I plan to have our 4th vaccination as soon as we are eligible.

1 Like

Spoke about this with our Doc only last week.

He reckoned we should get the 4th Jab when we could (end of May is 6 months after our 3rd) … and we should ask at our local pharmacy to check just where it will be available.

1 Like

We will have ours when offered, natural infection seeming not to offer lasting immunity.

1 Like

Seems we are hearing (locally) of more folk who have caught it more than once… and they’ve been jabbed, too. Been quite unwell, some of them.

1 Like

I’ve had mine…

No-one will come to your door here with a syringe. If you want to have another booster you need to book it when you hit the eligibility.

3 Likes

I’ll dust down my ouija board in the cupboard…

4 Likes

I go to my local supermarket nearly every day as I don’t always want to eat what’s in the ‘fridge, thereby wasting food. Have been used to seeing everyone doing their shopping wearing their masks, faithfully, for such a long time – like members of one big club all doing the right thing.

But Not Now!

Something must have changed recently. I would say that at least half the shoppers are now no longer wearing their masks as if all together in cahoots with one another. It happened suddenly, almost overnight.

I shall continue wearing my mask for a few more months and will get the 4th jab as well. I always say better safe than sorry, especially now in my 80th year.

5 Likes

Just a different system, the NHS will let us know when we are eligible and then we have to book it for ourselves.

My TousAntiCovid App told me that I’m eligible for a booster from May 20th, it also told me that if I don’t get it my pass sanitaire will no longer be valid from a month later. I’ll be getting it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe people feel they don’t need a pass sanitaire any more?

Is a pass sanitaire still required? I haven’t kept up with regs in France, but had assumed it would still be needed.

I’m not sure about travelling though Sue. We needed to show them on flights to and from Italy a couple of weeks ago. Conversely, it seems my wife doesn’t need hers (though she will have it with her) on a flight to Dublin tomorrow. We’re planning to visit my daughter in Oz in August so we’ll keep all our documentation up to date to be sure, to be sure.

1 Like

For some reason I had in my head that you had now moved the locks, stocks and barrels…Obviously not!

1 Like

I won’t retire for another 5 years at least, and it would be difficult to leave family behind at this stage. But maybe one day… :slight_smile:

@SuePJ
The ouija board quivered in the cupboard - a distant rumbling and a sudden cold draught alerted me to a presence…
The sage announced it’s interest by briefly pointing to various letters spelling out that such a question was above it’s pay grade and that the apparition itself was undecided as there are arguments both ways…
Is that helpful?

4 Likes

Always helpful thank you. And please give your sage my thanks. I suspected things were not that clear cut. When I asked my cardiologist (never expected to need that phrase!) he made a face. I think I might get out my own ouija board and see whether I get a “yes” or a “no”. If I get a “maybe” then I might just go with @John_Scully 's strategy. Not that we’re going anywhere if we can avoid it, especially not in flying petri dishes.

1 Like

seemingly the same with boosters. Although numbers are falling in England that seems to be just a lack of testing. Cases way up in my locality.

One of our friends had a fourth but caught covid again within a short time 2-3 weeks. Only thing they seem to boost is Pharma profits.

1 Like

please do send best wishes via your ouija board… :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

4th jab not in the foreseeable future, I’d have to have the second one first, and then that’s not in the foreseeable future either.

3 Likes