France - Cost of Living Expensive?

We’re used to a similar system at home, we ring a bell for the servants.

3 Likes

Maybe I will go over to the other side and
Open a frozen chip manufacturing plant.
Buy all the Binjies and then make fast food.

Is it one of the foot operated ones under the dining room table?

I always loved dyson…over the years raising little ones that inevitably turned into toddlers with a mind of their own squashing their bananas crisps and wotsits and marmite sarnies and much hated Brussels sprouts into the sofa and seasonal shedding of Border Collie hair I have had quite a few…here I have a kaarcher…(just can’t buy the replacement bags in Super u at present…) x :slight_smile:

Opera tickets - Toulouse opera is about half the price of Madrid or London

4 Likes

I’ve ditched mine! And bought a Titan - cost me about 60€ and does a far better job. And I feel better!

When I lived in two places I had a Dyson pull along in one place and bought a cheap DirtDevil copy for the other. Here where I now have both I use the DD the most, I prefer it. In fact I last used it a minute ago.

Notalot !!!

You feel better because of the saving or…?

1 Like

Both!

Please don’t tell me it has anything to do with James Dyson and Brexit Cat.

Absolutely 100% does. I like to think of myself as a principled shopper :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll think of you when I’m in Wetherspoons this time next week.:wink:

My nephew left his job working for in Wetherspoons in Norwich because he got fed up with the constant anti EU cr@p including the pro Brexit beer mats. The really odd thing is that I’ve met several of his colleagues and they have all been Eastern European.

Well that’s the great irony of Wetherspoons David, I’ll be in one of their Norwich bars at the end of March for their steak night (in laws are paying).

1 Like

My nephew is still in Norwich, he loves it there, but now works in a real restaurant. I know that his principles haven’t stopped him from being a Wetherspoons’ customer.

m3 is the same in English and French !

In reply to the original question, no, we don’t find it expensive at all, btw we aren’t millionairs :slightly_smiling_face:

Had a couple of visits to Mr Bricolage this week and can absolutely confirm (again) that France is most definitely expensive ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Never found that converting our ‘Coo Hoose’ Simon, though never used Mr B.