Free emagazine for French learners and expats /immigrants

Have you registered to our completely FREE eMagazine called "French Accent” to help you improve your French and adapt better in France ?

French Accent Magazine

Since 2006, our language school, Learn French at Home, has been publishing a 20+ page comprehensive online magazine.

Every issue includes:

• A feature article on French culture, society or history written in French.
  • Grammar points explained clearly followed by exercises to practice them.
  • New French expressions, and crossword puzzles.
  • Suggestions on reading French books, watching movies/TV shows.
  • Audio links to listen to French scenarios, vocabulary, dictations, songs and short stories!

All written by professional writers and French teachers!

“French Accent Magazine” is completely FREE so don’t wait and subscribe now! It only takes 5 seconds! All we ask is your email address and your name:

Once you’ve done it, you will receive the last issue that came out in June.

Bonne lecture !
French Accent Magazine

@cat is this one which you reckon we should try ??? just wondering…

Never heard of it or them (the poster) in my life!

But perhaps @vero can take a look and advise !

2 Likes

Well I’ve looked at it en diagonale (skimmed it) and I’m probably an old sourpuss but it bothers me that there are spelling mistakes :slightly_smiling_face:.
You wouldn’t be buying anything but caveat emptor all the same.

2 Likes

Sorry if there are spelling mistakes (which ones)? FYI the post was written by a French native and the magazine is intended to help foreigners with the French language … :slight_smile:
Hope you still enjoy it!

Brimming has two ms, practise is spelt with an s when it’s a verb and a c when it’s a noun, that sort of thing :slightly_smiling_face: maybe more proofreading is necessary.

and, of course, some spellings (and possibly some words) might well seem odd to UK folk, if a piece is written in US English. :wink:

I wasn’t calling US spelling a spelling mistake :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No, I know… I’m just pointing out that US English is not the same as UK English.
I noticed some oddities and decided it was because it was in US speke…
but, once one is aware… onward, ever onward (with dictionary to hand :wink: )

1 Like

I think it might be a good idea for the French to be written by a native speaker and the English also to be written by a native speaker, because the English does read a bit oddly to me, and not because of US spelling :wink:

1 Like

Country of ‘English’ origin is a real issue, American English being so different at times.

1 Like

Daughter’s work takes her all over the world.
A misunderstanding in a contract/whatever could have serious legal/financial consequences.
So her firm sent her on a “course” in US… to understand the important differences between the 2 forms of English.

Why not? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

The magazine looks as if it might be quite useful… for basic, everyday phrases etc… providing it doesn’t touch on areas where the 2 forms of English differ in meaning… that could be quite funny… as I know from car-speke with American friends.

We often ramble/discuss/chuckle while sipping a nice apero… hmm… not sure if the alcohol helps or hinders :wink: :wink:

Having spent a couple of years with Duolingo, sorting out the possible American construction of the sentences they want ‘translated’ is almost as difficult as understanding the French!

:rofl:

2 Likes

Rats. Now I have to look at it!

2 Likes

@JaneJones

ARGH! You snipped the s off ‘spelling mistakes’ when you quoted me - so now I look semi-literate and a fine one to be talking about spelling mistakes!!! :roll_eyes::joy::joy:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think we’ve all got a touch of the sun, or wet-rot… depending on where we live :wink: :wink:

So I did….whoops. :scream::pray:t2:

2 Likes

I know just what you mean! I took no notice of another thread until the conversation turned to “people” and “folk”. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes