Free Golf Open Days – L’Ecogolf Ariège-Pyrénées

Ever fancied having a go at golf or trying out the great facilities at the only 18 hole course in the Ariège? If yes then please, come along to one of the Free Open Days being held this year on 27 April, 11 & 25 May, 15 & 29 June, 14 & 28 Sep, 12 & 26 Oct and the 30 November 2014 (all dates are Sundays).

These free golf ‘discovery days’ are being run by the full time team at the Ecogolf Club of the Ariège supported by our team of multi-lingual Ambassadors. All aimed at introducing would be and existing golfers to our beautiful course in the foothills of the Pyrenees. You can come along for the morning or the afternoon on your selected day and spend some time with our Pro and his team of ‘Golf Ambassadors’ on our unique practice range and our newly extended 18 hole short course. All golf equipment will be provided and if you need refreshments during the day then there is a full bar and restaurant service available.

Take a look at our website http://www.golf-ariege.com

or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GolfDeLAriege

If you’d like to come along to any of the Open Days – just call 05 61 64 56 78 to put your name down.

Simon :-)

Yeah, it's a great game for husband & wife as long as you remember NO APOLOGIES! Me & Jak were regulars on the mixed circuit & won loads of stuff. Jak was a Devon ladies pairs winner apart from winning every ladies trophy in our club, a fact I'm very proud of as I taught her. 5ft 2 in & 7 stone soaking wet but she could outdrive most blokes! Me? Never won much although I kept my handicap steady until we left for France 12 years ago. Won a few bob off the Saturday morning boys mind you. I was at my old club last week & stupidly agreed to "put up" 12 of the "lads" who are coming over to play around here so it looks like I'll have to dust off my sticks & get my drinking head on:-)

Hi simon. Welcome to SFN & thanks for posting a photo.

Living "up north" I can't join you as I would love participate in your initiative. I played for 50 years & had been a director of my UK club with my wife being the ladies sec. for 6 years. We both played off 9 or 10 but haven't played now for ages which is a bit weird given that we discovered & now live in this area of France due to our numerous golfing holidays here. The truth is that being retired we just don't have the time anymore!

To anyone reading this, I commend this maddening & frustrating game to you, so if you live in the area, give it a go.

Good luck with your open days. May all your drives be long & true.