Freepost? How to write

How do you write ‘Freepost’ in French for a letter being sent within France?

Thanks Graham. I didn’t see a postal category.

1 Like

My computer is refusing to open that. I must have bought a dodgy computer off someone. :upside_down_face:

Is it still under guarantee :thinking:

1 Like

Franchise Postale? What is the extra f, excuse my ignorance?

thought you’d get that one… f = feminine

I thought it was, but just in case it was something else :grin:
On a more serious note. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Doesn’t franchise postale just mean the stamp (or computer generated equivalent)?

I’m not sure freepost exists here. You can have courrier de reponse prépayé, or SAE (envelope affranchie auto-addressée)

What I’m sending is definitely ‘Freepost’ but I was just not sure what to put in French as they’ve told me in English it’s Freepost

If you write to the President, you don’t need a stamp…
OTOH, freepost per se in France usually refers to the sender not paying but the receiver. Witness the postal votes to the UK for GE’s.

That’s what freepost is in the UK.

Amd Macron is an exception and you din’t need to write freepost or anything just his address

I’m getting a little confused now.
Freepost in France does exist in some form, I know that where I am sending to, a government department, is Freepost, but I’m not sure how to put it on the envelope.
In the UK, Freepost is where the recipient pays, isn’t it?

I’m getting a little confused now.
Freepost in France does exist in some form, I know that where I am sending to, a government department but not the president, is Freepost, but I’m not sure how to put it on the envelope.
In the UK, Freepost is where the recipient pays, isn’t it?
Should I simply put the address, or what Graham said earlier.
Is the God of Information, @vero able to advise?

No idea as, apart from the President, I have never heard of this here. Which doesn’t mean Graham is wrong but just that franchise postale means something entirely different to me. In fact, googling says he is right!!

Well done Graeme! :grinning:

Edit:Graham!

1 Like

Oh good. As ever, thank you both for your efforts in helping me with this.

1 Like

I wish!
I think that the only free to the sender system we have are those T envelopes a company will send you so you can use them to communicate with it. Otherwise you invariably pay, I think. Sorry not to be more use.

No, this is definitely free. Absolutely, and it’s not to the president.

Light bulb moment : adresse libre réponse? Special address it is free to send to :relaxed:

Ah, that looks right. They told me in English and I couldn’t find the term in French. Awesome. Thanks so much.

1 Like