Freesat installation

Hi Mat was that to install or purchase from Uk?

Have a read of this Tracy.

4 Likes

I have to say @anon92567933 I really like the idea of resurrecting old threads as opposed to starting new ones.
Could it be my way of saving the planet :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you very interesting, much appreciated

1 Like

ISTR someone (Mat?) having problems because they’d bought a kit with very low quality cable - which reduced the signal so much that there was nothing left at the decoder end.

So make sure you get good quality cable.

Quite right @anon88169868

1 Like

I agree. Re-hashing stuff that has been explained elsewhere seems pointless. It also gives newbies an idea of who knows about particular subjects.

1 Like

I’ve been here 20 years, tried all solutions.
The best is I/Net, try TVMUCHO.

Re-posting old threads that are relevant is indeed very useful, but bear in mind some categories and topics such as Technology change rapidly and necessitate up to date information and links.

True, but some will have since stopped posting, hopefully there will be new members who may have many years of experience and advice to offer as well.

Thanks for that tip, just looked at it, do you need good internet? I’m sure where we’ve bought internet is not very good

This is something posted just 3 months ago not 5 years ago. I know this forum pretty well so know those who are current posters and re-posting useful information doesn’t prevent newbies from posting too.

1 Like

I’m watching BBC2 at the mo.

I have a terrible 790 kbps with Orange sometimes a bit more, try and avoid. Get another provider if poss.

Mike Aitken

Speed is more to do with the cabling between your house and the exchange, switching provider wouldn’t change this.

Have you considered 4G service by Bouygues Tel?

1 Like

Before switching to 4G with Bouygues, we had TV through our Orange internet account and can verify what @Mat_Davies and @lago suggest.
Orange “tweaked” our réseau to balance performance between internet and TV but we did notice that when the Orange TV was in use, the réseau dropped considerably - suggesting that the Orange TV box wasn’t particularly efficient. From about ±4 Go down to less than 1 Go!
Using our Samsung Smart TV with an RJ45 cat5e cable from the router (through a switch) to access the TV app provided by Bouygues (molotov.tv), we noted no perceptible drop in speed of internet access using fast.com so seems to be more efficient.

I live in France and we have our tv set to talk in french but read in English.Or you could do it vice versa. It would save money on any extra instsllations…just a thought.

1 Like

Hi if you buy a humax box you only have to put an English postcode into it to pick up English tv. Voilà. No fees or contacts.

Thankyou I guess this is like the freesat box you need satellite dish?

Yes, you still need a dish, all free after installation though,

Yes any dish you could put it in your loft or anywhere really

Only if you cut a big hole in your roof :thinking:

6 Likes