French citizenship for over 60

And at my age an age thing too. While I am not deaf my audition needs attention but, hearing or not, my command of my own language is lacking too. So often I get stuck in the middle of a sentence searching for a word. Sometimes when I am speaking English the first one that eventually comes to mind is the French version. :astonished: People are amused when I say ‘oh what the hell is that in English?’

I won’t be taking it again, I passed it last time but the certificate is no longer valid.

1 Like

Concentrate on just the DELF. Although they are each following the same levels, each particular type of exam/diploma has it’s own format and idiosyncrasies. So get past test papers and become familiar with how they do stuff. And remember you can be really rubbish in some sections and still be fine overall.

1 Like

Thanks @JaneJones - I’ll look at those! As you know, I had to abandon some other platforms…

I did think that you had to get at least B1 in each section to get an overall B1 though :thinking:

in reply to david Spardo, also the previous query about the interview being all in french…there could have been a few exchanges in english…was it worth it? It depends what you care about. The freedom for artists of all stripes to travel to fulfill bookings without having their musical instruments weighed, their theatre designs weighed plus themselves, visas, expense, the collapse of the Erasmus exchange - the holders of the scholarship are taking their grants to Dublin, oh it’s endless.I believe in a united europe and wish to remain a european. and not a little englander. I am sad to be ashamed of my country of birth with all it’s talents. Brexit is damaging trade, is a failure, and none of them dare say so. Some time ago Ms Truss voted AGAINST stopping the water companies killing the rivers and filling the sea with shit. There’ll be plenty of it in No. 10.

4 Likes

Dizzy Lizzy would sell her soul to the devil if she thought it would get her into Number 10 :roll_eyes:
Perhaps she already has :thinking: The ERG :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I thought with DELF you have to score 5/25 in each section. And as long as you have a couple of good sections so you hit the 50% mark then that’s considered B1. Double check, as mine was 2003 and things change!

Will do - thanks!

There you are then, my point exactly, I did not, and don’t, have all those considerations. Apart from the very important, to me, loss of my European Citizenship, the only advantage to join the struggle was for the vote, and I thought that even for that it wasn’t worth it. If I had still been working my French qualifications and long term residency status would have allowed me to carry on here.

BTW, I was not, and never have been a Little Englander, quite the opposite, that is not synonymous with Britsh Citizenship.

1 Like

long spoons will be needed all round.!

2 Likes

I was not being personal. There are a lot around. Mark Francois, anyone? Ugh; bye for now.

I have a twice daily traffic jam where I sit in my car near a newsagents. All very tedious but at least I can feast my eyes on those news posters :joy::joy:

1 Like

I knew you weren’t and regretted afterwards that I made it look as if I thought you were. But

.I believe in a united europe and wish to remain a european. and not a little englander

you did make it sound as if there were only 2 choices, one or the other. :wink: :grinning:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Has anyone applied for French citizenship recently?

Apparently doesn’t solve all the problems, so will be a long time before process is speeded up in most places.