French farmers launch blockade of oil refineries and fuel depots

It’s the time of year for it sadly, one could get a bit cynical regarding the French farmers and their protests,

I confess I’m seriously thinking of stashing 20l or so of diesel in the shed to guarantee that if we go over, we can get back (a run down or back takes just over half a tank so I can’t quite do a return journey without a fill up even if I start with a full tank when I set off).

1 Like

It does seem to be an annual thing now. Usually doesn’t affect us in the Tarn thankfully. I heard reports of this on Friday so filled up just in case.

At least the Tondeuse, and  the Jerry can of SP95 for it are full - so that planning ahead worked. The next trip over is just for a few days so I can probably get away with filling up in Portsmouth before I get on the ferry and again on the return leg if thing look like they might be a bit iffy at the pumps.

How long does it take you door to door? Must be lovely to be able to come for a few days. Are you planning to move here eventually?

We’re in SE 56 - not far from Bill, though I don’t know exactly  where he lives I suspect we use the same supermarket (the Super U in Malansac)…

Roughly 300 miles on the road, 2 hours to Portsmouth, then 3 hours from Ouistreham or maybe 3 and a half from Cherbourg. Door to door 12 hours or so on the regular ferries or 10 hours if we get the BF fast catamaran (Normandie Express).

A weekend trip is do-able but we get les than 24 hours in the house so only for emergencies, a half week trip is better but still only really worth it if it’s when Brittany Ferries have an offer going.

1 Like

My goodness that’s a longer journey than I thought. You must really love it here to do that for just a few days in your French house.

My hubby’s ex-wife’s family live in Morbihan and I’ve seen lots of photos and he says it’s lovely there. Definitely plan to visit Bretagne some day.

2 Likes

Yes.

But we normally get the overnight ferry on a Friday so the journey doesn’t seem very long as we can combine sleep and travel.

And modern cars eat motorway miles very effectively.

2 Likes

Well Paul, if you see a white hair man in Denim shirt and jeans, with a leather jacket and a trolley full of beer or wine in promo, there is a good chance it’s him !

3 Likes

Ho! Ho! Ho!, but a fair description, I suppose :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face: Filled both cars up yesterday, ‘panic buying’, but they were both pretty low :+1:

2 Likes

Double denim Bill! You know that’s illegal don’t you? A crime against fashion :wink::grinning:

4 Likes

:rofl: No one would ever accuse me of being ‘chic’ Mandy, no stress about the days attire, it’s always the same :+1:
Mind, could be a red or a black t shirt, or long sleeved or short shirt, depending on the weather :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What do you mean, it’s a crime? Nothing wrong with double denim​:sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

:rofl: :+1:

1 Like

Don’t tell me you’re shopping in the same Super U ! Could cause confusion for Paul if you’ve got white hair and an a liking for trolley fulls of beer and special offer wine !

1 Like

If you look like this it’s fine :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Is that you Bill?! :rofl:

2 Likes

Clarkson is 3 years older than I am, grew up 3 miles down the road and, err, is about 300 times wealthier :frowning:

We share the same waistline though - double :frowning:

1 Like

No not that fat, and not that rich ! Where’s 'is denim shirt, and my leather jackets (and shoes) are better than That! :rofl:

1 Like

That’s more like Bill

Oops !!! Wrong picture !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes