French Hospitals - figures - controls 21st Dec - 31st Dec

Querdenkers. Love it.

The advertised events planned for Christmas locally have all been cancelled.

1 Like

I wonder how long this Covid drug will take to be prescribed in France

Will this pill be taken by the same anti vaxxers that are too afraid of unproven vaccines?
Makes one wonder

No it isnt, but on the other hand 23000 people died of the common garden flu in the period oct 2019 to march 2020 and 18000 died as a result of flu from 10/18 to 03/19 but these are figures that normally dont get published so openly. How many people will die purely from the covid and nothing else Answer is “they dont know”. People are being admitted to hospital for completely other reasons and during routine testing find they have contracted covid, did they come in with it or did they pick it up whilst in the hospital. All things to which “they dont know” the answer.

Well it has received preliminary approval from the EMA:

Christmas Day and numbers still rising
 but we’ll have to wait until later on Monday to learn what (if any) restrictions etc are to be imposed

Please stay safe everyone

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/virus/coronavirus/covid-19-pour-noel-la-france-franchit-la-barre-des-100-000-contaminations-quotidiennes-4129b2e2-65b1-11ec-bbff-63fcc2040040

Maybe Tuesday or even Wednesday this week before all the figures come through? Monday seems to be a day of underreports due to the weekend.

Monday is when there is a special meeting

Uh-oh. Anything but a curfew. That I found really hard to bear. And it scrunched people up in shops for timing whereas before people had been able to spread their times over a longer day keeping less people in the shop at a time.

There was absolutely no need for a curfew here or anywhere in the department. Everybody had to have it though last time regardless, as otherwise people in curfewed departments would just travel to wherever wasn’t curfewed.

This may be controversial but I think the time is fast approaching where governments are going to have to take the difficult decision to lift all restrictions in lieu of recommendations/guidance alongside regular vaccinations every three/four months. Covid isn’t going away anytime soon so we’ll just have to live with it and treat it like flu whilst continuing with mask wearing and better hygiene (hand washing etc).

1 Like

Israel apparently vaccinated people up to a 4th round and finding they’re still returning to where they are now so continually vaccinating people at such short intervals is hopefully not the future.

Though the person that told me this is anti-vacc and also mentioned pretty much word for word the things our most famous anti vaxxer here is saying

I am hoping like h*** the Guardian is right

Cases numbers in Israel may be rising but hospitalisations and deaths are falling primarily due to the booster campaign.

On my way back from Poland at the end of October the German couple with whom I shared a compartment were lamenting exactly that and the mass of fake ImpfpÀsse around. Well informed as hotshot insurance consultant Dr after a lifetime in hospital med.

1 Like

We can’t know until much later today
 exactly what new plans are coming into force

“À l’issue d’un Conseil de dĂ©fense sanitaire puis d’un Conseil des ministres ce lundi 27 dĂ©cembre, le premier ministre Jean Castex et le ministre de la SantĂ© Olivier VĂ©ran prĂ©senteront Ă  19 heures les mesures retenues pour rĂ©duire les contaminations”

so we wait with bated breath
 until 7pm tonight

New Year’s Eve suggested restrictions need taking on board
 seriously
 by everyone.

Small festive gatherings
 small dinner parties
 that’s the way to do it
 he suggests.

As you were then, bit of an anti-climax.

1 Like