French Hospitals - figures - controls 21st Dec - 31st Dec

Thought so. They won’t tackle it till a week after New Year.

Perhaps by then we might have more data about % of infected in hospital and some idea of when will the peak be.

I really needed to accept a lift to go shopping this week but we have each decided to stay at home instead.

1 Like

If folk don’t obey the restrictions in force as of now … there will probably be a swift and severe “reckoning” come early January…

1 Like

As long as people can get pissed up on Friday night that’s not important. :wink:

1 Like

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/virus/coronavirus/cartes-covid-19-un-record-de-179-807-nouveaux-cas-ce-mardi-le-point-par-departement-276f0506-6803-11ec-8ca2-e247a45f1eee

Eek. Let’s hope the hospitalisation rate is a lot lower then.

Is the punishment hard enough for those who faked passes?

La tension continue également de monter dans les hôpitaux : mardi, 2 110 nouvelles hospitalisations ont été dénombrées (contre 1 634 la veille), portant le total des lits occupés par des malades du Covid en France à 17 405.

My wife bought a couple of tests, we’ll use them on Friday morning as we are planning to be with friends for the evening (we are both triple vaccinated, as are all our friends). If positive we won’t go.

Admitting I know nothing… just asking the question… wouldn’t it be an idea to test in the late afternoon/early evening, before going out?

I’m sure there was something in the News about how quickly (a few hours) things could change… from - to +

Another day another massive hike… much as had been forecast…

Yes I suppose so!! I wasn’t really paying attention to the precision of my response! Evening starts at 19h so we’ll leave 18:30 or so. Be nice to give some notice if things go pear shaped. I’m more worried about being positive and not being able to get to the office on the 3rd (need a clean bill of health to take the plane).

1 Like

@Alan_Dargie I wasn’t being snappy/snippy/whatever… I was hoping to be helpful, as I know everyone is trying to do “the right thing” …

Of course, in the ordinary way anyone would prefer some notice, but these days… notice isn’t always possible…

Hope all turns out well.

Oh not at all I didn’t take it snappily at all :blush:. You are quite right, it is probably best to test as late as possible!

Although the “fete” is at some friends’ house the we’re all chipping in so it might have for complicated if all the shopping had been done and both of us didn’t turn up at last minute… although I suppose even the morning would be too late from that point of view. We do want to be careful though despite all being vaccinated as one chap has a medical condition which would put him at a higher risk.

We’re a bit apprehensive/on the alert… here in the village … as a family just up the road have grownup children who arrived from abroad (not UK) for Xmas… and have inadvertently brought covid with them and spread it amongst the others… aaargh

I’m so glad they didn’t invite us to dine with them… :wink: :+1:

1 Like

One of my daughters arrived from Paris on the 23rd and had a raging temperature fatigue etc on Christmas day - she has COVID, the rest of us all went off to be tested today.

1 Like

Hope all turns out OK…

1 Like

Yes, hope this is an experience you DON’T get.

1 Like

We hope everything works out ok for you all, thinking about you.

1 Like