French Language Courses - Free

Hi,

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this on here before. The Open University has 18 short course classified as Introductory(10), Intermediate(6) and Advanced(2) which require 5 to 24 hours of study. And they are free.

To access them, click on the link below:

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

and then search for ‘French’.

9 Likes

Not that that would benefit me, but are those available wherever one lives?

You mentioned it before and I signed up to one course. Haven’t actually finished so thanks for the reminder to go back to it!

Thanks @Mike313 - I’ve done some of their courses on a different subject a few years back and they were quite useful. Having had a quick look at them, I think I’d have a problem working out which level was most appropriate for me but they definitely look worthwhile.

Good info, very useful and free is always a bonus.

This link lists just the French ones

More here as well.

1 Like

Yes, I believe so.

There’s millions of free MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) available to everyone at universities around the world. An interesting alternative for those wanting more advanced French communication practice is to do a French univ MOOC in a subject that interests you, or that’s already familiar. See:-

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve done several of these free courses and they are very good but I found I needed to understand French grammar better so I bit the bullet and signed up to Rocket French when it was on a good offer and accessible for life as there are some days when I can’t put aside an hour or more for learning which has really pushed me on.