French lessons in Burgundy

Hi everyone!

My name is Yohann. I am a French native, and after language & linguistic studies in university, I intend to make the most of what I have learnt to become a free-lance French teacher and translator. We are essentially talking about private online courses to a non-native audience at any level, but I can also come to you if you live nearby (I live in Côte d’Or). I have several years of experience in teaching French to people from all over the world in formal and informal contexts, as a college tutor or as a contributor to various collaborative sites, for instance. Language learning to me is meant to be both structured and fun ; it is a teacher-student bond that is indissociable from intercultural discoveries & curiosity.

So, if you’re looking to improve your French while having fun, look no more!

Would it be possible for me to come back to you once my business is officially started?

Thanks you in advance for your time and sincerely yours!

1 Like

:joy::grinning: a freudian slip perhaps?

My French is ok, but what I would like to work on is improving my accent!

1 Like

Oh silly me :see_no_evil: yes, “French” of course!

Well, it’s not easy to lose an accent, but we could try if you’re interested, no problem!

I was complemented twice on my charming accent whilst in hospital.
I think I will keep it.

It’s true French-speaking people love accents overall. I know I do! English speakers do seem to appreciate the French accent as well.

1 Like

I do get a bit fed up of being asked endlessly about my “petit accent”. And even worse when it’s men of a certain age who add “comme Jane Birkin”. I don’t really want my accent to define me, so would quite like to dull it down a bit.

1 Like

I can understand that.

This may sound absurd BUT if you practise speaking English with a joke music-hall French accent put on with a trowel, it actually does wonders for your accent when you speak in French. It does sound ludicrous but le ridicule n’a jamais tué personne so try it and tell me how you get on. Works with any language.
I haven’t done it with French or English obviously but it has worked for all the other languages I speak :slightly_smiling_face:

Edited to add it works in French or whatever your native language(s) may be.

4 Likes