French phone plans

Greetings. I will be moving from the US to France and need to identify the right mobile phone family plan. I have an Apple phone but the speaker is shot so I need to replace the phone as well. I welcome your suggestions. Thank you.

Try looking at the ‘Red by SFR’ sim card only plan for €17 monthly that will give you unlimited calls both in Europe and also back to the USA. It will be necessary to have a French bank account to pay for it by Direct Debit.
Then just pop along to your local supermarket and buy an android phone which will be much cheaper than an Apple, pop the sim card into it, and away you go.

For some people this simply isn’t an option they are willing to pursue of changing phone system.

I too would go for the sim only option (I think it makes the wholle phone issue much simpler) - but I would buy a good android phone rather than the cheapest.

If calls to USA and all of Europe are not required you can get huge amounts of data and all French calls included for less than 10 euros per month.

I agree ---- and still a lot cheaper than an Apple.

This article explains the call out charges for an Orange technician.