French rip-off prices, garden refuse, donkeys, goats and anything else the thread drifts to

We find 'drinkable wine for a lot less than that, maybe our pallets aren’t as delicate Dave :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But @Aquitaine - you missed the earlier comment

I trust that I can get wine from elsewhere for less and when things get financially tighter that would probably happen.

At those prices Mat, we would soon be in financial difficulty :thinking:
“Never mind the Quality, Feel the Width” :+1: :wink:

ceci explique cela !

1 Like

You had me on Makita LMFAO !

1 Like

Good tools Maxime :+1: Still have some that built a boat and converted the cow house here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well in our little hamlet on Saturday afternoons all you can hear is power tools! All our neighbour have workshops that are cram packed with tools, and which they use.

1 Like

I have found the reason that everything is twice the price of UK…

YouTube Solution in French

(If anyone can link to a version with English subtitles that would be excellent) - see below

Video with English subtitles

hahahahahahahaha Mat je m’étouffe dans mon café !!!

Have to ask Babeth to translate when She gets back :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bill

This one seems to have Engligh subtitles

Link here

1 Like

Thanks Mat :grin:

Well if the French are not into DIY and power tools please explain why stores like Leroy Merlin, Castorama and Brico Depot in Lorient and Vannes are generally always full whereas when I pop into B & Q in Eastbourne or Homebase in Tunbridge Wells it is usually quiet.
This is not a one-off as I have been doing both circuits for years.

2 Likes

You missed ‘Brico Cash’ in Vannes Damian :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t usually go there Bill although I have used the one in Pontivy.

1 Like

Used it a lot, found the quality better than B Depot, but not as good as L’ M’ or Casto’a :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay noted thanks.

1 Like

Well Paul, I can see you definitely have to go back to the UK, you seem so unhappy with everything in France. And wine is not so cheap in France by the way. Believe me, we go shopping there often as it’s just over the border. We never buy wine there. Not compared to Swiss prices. And we love our cheese. But we buy Swiss. And actually, also Cheddar from the UK.

Er, Paul lives in the UK.

1 Like

Hi Paul

I reckon that it will be more expensive for me to cater 1 week in UK… going shortly… than it does here in France.

Here, I know where to shop…and when… which place has the products I prefer at the best price… and, of course, the weekly Publicité tells when the shops have extra-special offers, etc etc .

In UK I will do a dash to the nearest supermarket… will I find my preferred goodies…mmm… I’ll have a look and simply make do with what I can find… :roll_eyes::relaxed:

It will probably be an alcohol-free week, bearing in mind UK prices… but that is no bad thing…:zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes